Chapter 12 Day Of Sickness✔

Elliott's POV

Well, that was some birthday.

Ellie and I are 14 now, and we have cancer.

After we got home from the hospital with our medicines, I immediately had to go to the bathroom to throw up.

I don't know why but I just felt sick to my stomach.

I puked on the toilet and the taste in my mouth was getting worse and worse. I felt someone rub my back.

"Its ok" mom said rubbing my back in circles.

Then I heard someone else throwing up. It's Ellie.

But where is she puking?

The restroom only has one toilet. I looked up when I finally stopped throwing up and mom looked to.

She was vomiting in the bathtub.

"Oh baby" mom said rushing over to hold her hair.

I turned around and vomited more.

So did Ellie.

After what seemed like half an hour, I got everything out and Ellie and I went to lay down.

I looked at reflection in the mirror before entering the room. I had dark circles under my eyes, my skin purple, green, and red from the punches. My lips were really pale as well as the rest of my skin, and I felt so dizzy.

I looked at Ellie as well. Her face was mostly purple and a little bit of black. She was skinnier than me and also had dark circles under her eyes. She went straight to bed holding her stomach.

"El. You ok?" I asked. That was dumb.

"No. I feel like crap" she answered.

"Yeah me to" I said laying down.

"Hey guys. Here are your pills" mom said handing us each 2 pills and a glass of water.

Mom was taking this surprisingly well. But El and I both knew that she probably bawled her heart out already in the hospital when she stepped out of the room.

"Thanks mom" Ellie and I said taking the pills.

"Your welcome darlings" she said.

When we were done, she took our glasses, told us to rest and that dinner would be ready later.

I decided to just lay down but I couldn't sleep. I had a massive headache. I felt like my brain was gonna explode.

Then I saw Ellie grip her stomach.

"If your gonna spew, hit the restroom I don't wanna see what comes out of you" I told her.

"Shut up!" she yelled running towards the bathroom.

I went right behind her and held her hair while she threw up again.

And again and again.

Ellie's POV

I feel like I'm dying.

I know the cancer is probably killing me but I'm just in pain.

I kept vomiting all water and Elliott was holding my hair.

I kept throwing up and I constantly felt pain in my stomach and my head. Its like there's something inside that I can't get out.

After a good 5 minutes of throwing up I finally stood up from the ground.

"My turn!" Elliott said pushing me aside.

I groaned and rinsed my mouth.

I was about to go back to bed but I looked at my town brother. He stayed with me when I was in pain. I should do the same.

I started to rub his back as he threw up. This leukemia is literally destroying us. But were still here, so I'm thankful for that.

"I'm done. Thanks sis" Elliott said standing up.

"No problem bro" I said.

After he rinsed his mouth we both went back to our room. I layed down on my bed and closed my eyes, but I couldn't sleep.

"Elliott?" I asked.

"Yeah?" he answered.

"Can I go over to your bed?"

"Sure"

I got out of my bed and went over to his bed.

He opened up the sheets for me and we laid facing each other.

"Do you think we are gonna make it?" I asked. I feared what he might answer me.

"I don't know. We've been through hell and back together. I think we can take this. Lets just think of it as a sickness" he told me.

"Yeah. A daily, permanent sickness" I muttered.

"No one said it's gonna be easy" he said.

"True. But we have each other, mom, and our parents watching over us" I said.

"Correct"

I yawned. Didn't realize I was tired.

Elliott and I hugged before turning away from each other.

"Rest well Elliott" I said.

"You to Ellie" he said.

I was almost asleep when I heard footsteps coming towards me. I decided not to open my eyes. I just wanted to rest for a little bit. I felt a kiss on my forehead.

"Rest well my children" I heard. I smiled widely.

Dad. Mom. Their here. Their watching over us. They always are.

Its gonna be tough. But me and my brother will pull through. Lets see where this takes us.