Chapter 6

"You are striking to fast." My father said to me

"But the quicker you punch-"

"Does not mean anything." He seized my hands "patience is key."

"You always say that." I rolled my Eyes "I'm going to loose if I don't keep up."

"Keeping up with your opponent will only make you loose more." My father chuckle

"So what am I suppose to do just let them hit me?" I gave him attitude

"Let them play at your pace so they are the one who is trying to keep up." Father said

I didn't say a word I just looked at him

"Patience is key my child and in time you will learn that."

I woke up from my dream in a jolt.

It was still dark out but I didn't bother checking the time.

I had been dreaming about my father so much lately and I don't know why. Yes I dream about him but it's happening mostly every night.

Dreams about our sessions together and the things he taught me, the things I learned from him, the things I should of listen to the most.

I wish he was still here I wish he was here to teach me more.

I haven't learned a lot and I'm so lost.

I felt tears slide down my face and I quickly wipe them away.

I refused to cry and I refused to let my guard down.

I had to be strong, I had to stay strong.

I fell back on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

Tomorrow (or should I say today since it was 3:00 in the morning) is the the day that can change my life for the good or for the worst.

And I was determined to make it for the good.

+++

"WAKE UP SUNSHINE!!" Jackson screamed in my ear

I jolted awake almost falling off the bed.

"Jackson are you kidding? Get out." I grumbled

"No can do princess," his voice then got serious "you know what today is."

I sighed and sat up in my bed

"You're going to be okay you know that right?" He said putting his hand on my shoulder.

I nodded my head "I'm just nervous everything could end tonight." I sighed "what if I don't win? I'm way over my head."

"You are not." Jackson said "you've been training your ass off these past couple of weeks and I know you are ready. I would tell you if you weren't. You can do this I know you can you just have to believe so too."

I smiled small. I don't really realize what I was getting myself into until now. These fighters constantly train for year consecutively. I've been locked in a cell for half my life rotting. No matter how good I think I'm getting I'm still inexperience.

I don't know if I could do this. Am I really ready?

"Victoria?" Jackson snapped me out of my thoughts

"Sorry were you saying something?" I asked

"I said we should go we have a lot to do today." He chuckled