Chapter 20

I slowly crawled my way towards Aiden who was still not moving. I put my hands on his back gently shaking him. He didn't respond. I checked his pulse and it was weak, very weak.

"Aiden please get up," I cried "we got to go come on get up."

Another explosion.

I clutched on to Aiden as I cried. I didn't want to leave him.

I shook him some more, "Aiden wake up please we have to go." I cried some more "please I can't lose you too."

As soon as I knew it I was being pulled to my feet. Jackson grabbed me forcefully pulling me away from Aiden, but I tried to resist.

"Jackson let go of me!"

"Victoria we don't have time. We have to go now." He said strictly.

I was crying so hard, "I can't leave him."

"You are going to have too," he said yanking me away from Aiden and I was suddenly numb.

Somehow I was moving along with Jackson as we met Rachel in the corridor.

She saw the look of horror in my face and gave me sympathetic smile.

"Is the truck ready?" Jackson asked.

Rachel nodded, "yeah everything is ready we have to move."

Jackson looked at me like he was waiting for my word.

What else was I suppose to do?

If I stay here I'll die.

And I don't think Aiden or my father would be happy about that.

So I nodded my head and as soon as I did we heard footsteps coming our way. Then we heard shouting and we knew it was the guards.

"Shit let's go," Rachel said and we started sprinting.

The footsteps became louder and the guards were right behind us shouting.

"There she is! Kill the traitors, keep the princess alive!" One of the guards said.

So we ran faster as they started to shoot at us. We quickly went into the stairway blocking the door with whatever we could fine, but then we were off again.

I felt like I was going to tumble down these steps because of how fast we were going.

We were finally down in the basement heading our way towards the delivery deck. Jason was already there loading stuff up.

"Let's go! Get in!" He yelled.

Jason climbed in and then helped Rachel in.

Then Jason pulled me up with the help of Jackson.

I turn around to Jackson, "come one Jackson."

Before he took a step in the truck we heard a shot.

Jackson stood still and slowly looked down at his chest.

I was breathing heavily as I saw blood soaking his shirt.

He looked at me once more with a sad look before falling to the ground.

"JACKSON!" I screamed ready to jump out of the truck, but I was pulled back into the truck and the doors shut. We quickly pulled away and I backed up against the wall of the truck.

I was shaking in fear because I couldn't wrap my head around what happened.

"What the fuck. What the fuck. WHAT THE FUCK." I kept repeating.

Rachel was next to me comforting me as I started to hyperventilate.