Chapter 1

Chapter 1- Daggers and Danger

" Touch me and you'll burn."

Waking up with a dagger pointed at your throat isn't the best thing in the world to wake up too.

Absolutely terrifying? Yes.

A good idea? No.

I looked at the masked men in front of me, raising an eyebrows and looking at them half with amusement and half with anger.

" What the actual f*ck? Do you have a death wish or something?" I snarled, " Has nobody ever told you not to disturb a girls beauty sleep?" I shoved my hand under my pillow and rolled onto my side for a slight second before moving back with a handle clasped in my hand.

I stabbed him.

Oops.

He fell over, hand clutching his stomach.

To say they were shocked was an understatement. The guy I stabbed just stared at me in disbelief while one of his friends was rolling around on my floor laughing. The other one just stood there emotionless. I looked back at the guy I stabbed.

" F*cking crazy b*tch, " He mumbled, I scoffed.

" Yeah I know, it's great isn't it?" I said sarcastically.

I heard the man I stabbed groan and I saw his blood dripping on my floor.

"What the f*ck are you doing? Don't bleed on my floor, are you f*cking stupid?" I shouted, clenching my fists. I really wanted to stab him again.

He looked at me again with incredulity, " Are you serious? You stabbed me. "

I looked over at his friends again, the laughing one seemed to have sobered up a bit and they both stared at me shocked.

" Can I kill him?" I asked the serious one.

" No," His deep voice was laced with anger, whether it was aimed at me though was something I couldn't detect.

" Not even a little bit?" I went on, he just looked at me with a " Are you f*cking stupid" look. I huffed in boredom.

" Fine, I won't kill you yet. But this doesn't mean I'm happy about it. Just don't bleed on my floor."

" Y'know.... That's not what an apology for stabbing me sounds like." Smart-ass commented.

" Bite me."

I stood up and faced them, studying them.

3 men. Early twenties. Experienced. Possible threat. Each had a gun in their waistband and the serious one had a knife stuffed in his sock. The scars on their hands showed me that they were experienced fighters which surprisingly wasn't uncommon anymore.

Society was f*cked.

" Why are you breaking into my house?" I questioned, my hands wrapping tightly around the blood stained knife in my hand. "It's illegal for me to be awake at this time!"

" Boss' instructions. He wants to talk to you." The laughing one said to me. His face still covered by the mask.

" And you couldn't have just phoned me or knocked on the door like a nice, normal person?"

" We aren't normal people." Smart-ass said. I cocked my head in fake concentration.

" Who are you then smarty?" I mocked, waving my knife about in the air again.