Chapter 8

Don't talk. Just act.
Don't say. Just show.
Don't promise. Just prove.

Giara's POV.

I didn't know that they knew my mom. Hell I didn't even knew that commander is friends with Mr. Olsen. Then again how I would have known that he had friends. After mom d--. Wait, why I am even thinking about that, I should just concentrate on the job plus commander being friends with Mr. Olsen gives me more reasons to not disappoint him.

"Yeah please have a seat." I said clearing my throat. Looking around, my eyes fell on an unfamiliar face who was staring at me as if I was a piece of meat. I narrowed my eyes at him. His eyes snapped back at my face, seeing that I was glaring at him, he smiled cheekily, giving me a wink.

"I just wanted to question your family Mr. Olsen." I said clearing my throat again. Hearing me Mr. Olsen noticed his son's and unfamiliar boy's presence.

"Ohh he is--" Before Mr Olsen could complete his sentence Mr. Bratty boy had to interrupt him.

"He's my best friend."

"I said fami---" Again cutting me of he said.

"Before that he's my cousin."

"Marcus Valerio Moretti, pretty lady. But you can call me Mark." The unfamiliar boy said kissing my back of hand.

"Giara Edwards." I said nodding and squeezing his hand so hard, almost breaking his fingers. "I would really appreciate it if you avoid skin contact with me or better yet keep distance from me." Giving last squeeze I released his hand. He stepped back cradling his hand to his chest.

"You surely shake hands like a man." He muttered grimly. I heard Mrs. Olsen giggling. Mr. Olsen was trying not to laugh while bratty boy was drilling hole on my back with his glaring.

"I'll take that as a compliment Mr. Moretti."

"It sure was a compliment pretty lady." He even had the nerve to wink at me. At that Mr. Olsen couldn't control his laughter. He let out a booming laugh causing me to scoff. I'll deal with that asshole later. Now I need to focus on my job.

"So Mrs. Olsen is there any enemy of yours or any family member you have suspicion on?"

"For as long as I remember I don't have a enemy and family member I don't think so." Mrs. Olsen answered sobering from the laughter session we just had.

"Hmm. Mr. Jay do you have any suspects? Or had any connection with gang before, that we don't know about."

"What are you trying to say? That I am punk or something?" He said fuming.

"I did not say that. I just asked you a question. It's you who is assuming like that. It's okay if you had connections because teenagers have tendency of doing​ rash things like drug dealing, joining gangs for fun."

"You are saying this on what basis?" He said snorting. "And who the hell are you to question me?"

"Because it's your life that is in danger and I'm the one who is hired to protect you which gives me the right to question you about some things."