Chapter 57

Love is not only something you feel, it is something you do.

Giara's POV.

"It's gonna be so fun!" Sophie exclaimed in excitement. "I have never done anything like this before. Sneaking out, going to clubs!" She squealed clapping her hands. Both Marcus and I grinned at her behaviour.

"It's no doubt that we are going to have fun. After all 'Mark the party animal' is joining you guys! Wohoo!!!" Both of them hooted. I smiled rolling my eyes.

"Yeah we are lucky ones but keep it down a notch, yeah Marcus?" I said eyeing him through the front mirror. He was in the backseat, Sophie in passenger's seat with me driving. Marcus wanted Sophie beside him in the backseat but she refused saying that I would feel like I was their driver. I just shrugged, it was no problem.

"Yes, sir!" Marcus saluted making Sophie giggle.

"Here we go." I said as I pulled brakes. "You guys go ahead. I'll park and follow you." The both nodded.

Marcus was out, opening door for Sophie. Sophie blushed and got out taking his hand. They both walked inside hand in hand. I smiled at their cuteness before shifting gear and stepping on the pedal. I drove my car to parking space before turning of the engine and climbing off.

I pulled out my cellphone and called Alec.

"Yes G?" Alec picked up. I checked my watch for time. It was six fifty.

"Alec I need you guys at Nightmare. Seven thirty sharp."

"Okay. But what's the plan?"

"We'll be having a small party. I am bringing his daughter with me. I am sure he'll come crawling towards me when he hears his daughter is missing."

"G, you do know that this is risky right?"

"That's why I am asking your help." I pleaded.

"Fine. We'll be there." Alec agreed without any whining.

"And yeah, I am texting some stuff that I'll be needing. Tell Nick to bring them to me without any fail."

"Copy."

"Okay I'll see you there." As soon as I ended the call and stepped inside I was pulled by my wrist. My defences let themselves known as I held Rina against the wall, her hand twisted behind her back.

"Ahh!"

"Giara!" Jay shouted as he rushed towards us. I released her from my grip. Turned around to see everyone gathered. Jay, Marcus, Alex, Paul and Sophie.

"I-I'm sorry. It just my reflex. You suddenly pulled me." I apologized stroking Rina's wrist, which now had my fingers imprinted on it.

"Damn girl, that was so quick. I mean one second I was pulling you and in other I was against the wall." She was staring at me in awe.

"He he, I used to take defence lessons. So yeah." I said scratching my back of neck trying to cover up my mistake. Jay glared at me with his arms crossed. I mouthed sorry to him too.

"Okay girls! I know you will be taking like hours to get ready so you better hurry up." Marcus said.

"Yeah let's go girls. And next time you." Rina said poking her finger on my shoulder.

"Me?"

"Yes you. You are teaching those badass defences so I can break Alex's nose next time when decides to sneak up on me."

"But I thought you already had Paul for that." I teased who snapped his head up when he heard his name.

"Oh shut up you. Now let's go." She smack my arm.

"But nobody has introduced the new girl to me!" Alex said winking at Sophie.

"She's mine!" Marcus snapped pulling her to his chest.

"That could have be us but you are stubborn." Jay whispered in my ear gesturing towards Marcus and Sophie. I rolled my eyes and elbowed his stomach.

Rina who was beside Marcus smacked him.

"She's no property Mark! And Alex you would have known her if you had not snooze off at the ball." Rina said pulling Sophie away from Marcus. Poor girl had turned red from all the blushing.

"I did not!" Alex shouted.

"Yes you did! End of discussion. We need to get ready. Come on girls!" Rina shouted walking towards the stairs. We both silently followed her not wanting to face her wrath.

"I brought some pretty dresses!!" Rina announced as we all entered the room.

As said, she had laid the various dresses on the queen size bed.

"Ohh I like the golden one!" Sophie said pointing towards it.

"You would look hot in that!" Rina squealed clapping her hands and then pushing Sophie towards bathroom with her dress. "Now it's your turn Giara." I just shrugged.

"I am fine with anything."

"Black! You would look so sexy. Those sexy long legs." Rina teased as she passed me the short black dress with white fur jacket. "I'll go with the velvet one." She nodded happy with her decision.

Few minutes later we were in our respective dresses. Make up done and hair in process.

"Ow! Ow! Rina that hurts!" I whined as she kept tugging my hair.

"Well girl, beauty is pain so bare with it." She said. "There you go." She finally released me from the chair of torture.

"Aww look at you guys, looking so pretty." Rina said dramatically wiping her non existing tears. Sophie giggled and I rolled my eyes.

"Now if we are done then let's go." I said. They both nodded and we made our way downstairs.

"Jeez these girls! What's taking so long?" Alex said.

"Alex beauty needs time. And don't let Rina hear you saying that." Marcus said who plopped down beside Alex. Their back was facing us. Jay and Paul were sitting in front of them. Jay was too busy on his phone. Paul nudged him as soon as he saw as arrive.

"Too late Mark, I already heard him." Rina said stepping down the last stairs.

"Woww you girls look beautiful." Marcus said as he stood up and turned around.

"Sexy, hot are the words Mark." Alex said eyeing us all.

"Thank you for the compliments. Now let's going." Rina said as she walked towards Paul and locked her arm with his. Marcus took Sophie hands following Alex, Rina and Paul.

I turned towards Jay and chuckled. He was still standing there with his mouth open.

"I see drool running down your chin Jay." I teased, he closed his mouth shut and cleared his throat.

"Yeah, well y-you look beautiful." He stuttered.

"Thank you." I smiled. He came forward and took my hand. "What? What are you doing?" I asked looking at him in confusion.

"Mark told me about how you wanted to spend this time freely with us."

"And?"

"And I want you to give us time too. You and I both know there is something between us and I know that it's not some friendship, it's something more than that. So please let's give it a chance, please." He said looking into my eyes.

"Jay you know this is wrong, we can't." I denied even though I wanted to scream yes.

"Please Giara just one chance. Pleaseee." He pleaded giving me puppy eyes.

"I didn't know since when I started giving into your puppy eyes." I chuckled.

"Yes!" He screamed and pecked my cheek. I widen my eyes. I could feel heat crawling up my cheeks.

"Come on you love birds!" Alex shouted making us snap our head towards him. He stood there with his hands tucked in his pockets and wiggled his eyebrows at us.

"Coming." Jay said and wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me to him. "Let's go babe." He winked and followed Alex out.

"How are we going?" Marcus asked.

"I have my car, you have your car. You five can carpool." Jay said pulling me towards his car.

"Why? I wanna spend alone time with Sophia too." Marcus pouted.

"Rina and Paul can go with us, Alex can join you guys." I suggested.

"No!" Both Marcus and Jay shouted.

"Okay, then you can take my car." I said taking out my car keys from the clutch and tossing them to Alex.

"Now that's settled then we should get going." Jay said. We all settled in our cars. "Thanks for letting me drive." Jay said as he settled in the driver's seat. "I missed you so much Olivia." He kisses the steering wheel.

*Honk Honk*

"You can make love with her afterwards now let's going. They are following us you know." I said chuckling at him.

"Yeah, Yeah." With that we made our way towards the club.

-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Nightmare. What a name." Alex whistled.

"Yeah, let's head in." I said leading them inside. The club was crowded, music loud, sweaty bodies dancing. "You guys head over there, I'll there in few!" I shouted over music pointing towards the VIP room. They all nodded before heading over there. I turned around and walked towards the bar.

"What can I get you?" The bartender asked.

"Just water please." I answered.

"Water? I thought you were here to party." Nick said as he took a seat beside me. I rolled my eyes.

"Did you brought what I asked you to?" I asked.

"Yes. Here, this is the earpiece and other stuff." I quickly place the earpiece in my ear.

"Here's your water." I took the glass and sipped.

"Jack is near VIP room. Alec and I will be here." Nick informed. I nodded.

"Okay. Be on alert." He nodded and we left the bar.

"Hey guys!" I greeted, everyone greeted back but Jay. I raised my eyebrow at Marcus asking him what's wrong with Jay. He nodded his head to his side, calling me. I nodded.

"What happened with him? Minutes ago he was over the moon."

"You friend happened." He said.

"Huh? Who?"

"He's name is Mick I guess. He was cursing at him like sailor."

"Nick?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, that one."

"Okay I see." I grinned nodding and turned towards Jay. He was already staring at me. I winked at him, he scoffed and turned back to Alex who was talking about god knows what.

"He's so childish." Marcus said.

"Look who's talking." I snorted.

"Shut up pretty lady." He whined pushing me towards Jay.

"You are just proving me right." I laughed and walked towards Jay and sat beside him.

"It's engine is average and bonate is to- I'll go, I saw a hot chick there." Alex said quickly walked off leaving us both alone. Jay opened his mouth to say something but huffed and crossed his arms.

"So...?" I asked. He ignored me. "Seriously you are going to ignore me now? I thought you wanted to give us a chance."

"Chance? Oh please." He snorted sarcastically.

"Yes, yet here you are ignoring me."

"Oh so you can go chitchat with your friend when you promised me to give us a chance and I can't ignore you. First of all why he is here in first place."

"You look so cute when you are jealous." I grinned looking at him.

"Seriously you are telling me that you I look cute when I am angry at you. First I don't like being called cute. Second I am leaving!" He snapped and stood up to leave. I caught his wrist and pulled him down. I turned my body towards him, l was almost sitting on him. I pulled him closer by his collar.

"I forgot to mention, you also look sexy getting all riled up." I whispered, our lips almost touching.

"Y-you can't seduce me thinking that I-I will forgive y-you." He stuttered back.

"If I am going to party and spend my time with you freely then there has to be someone to keep an eye just in case you know." I am such a liar. I am sorry Jay for lying but I have to do this.

"But why him?"

"Because." I said smiling at him.

"Giara..."

"Jay..."

"Kiss already!" Marcus shouted breaking us apart.

"Mark! They would have kissed you idiot." Rina smacked him.

"Stop hitting me woman!" He shouted. They started bickering.

"We've got crazy friends huh?" Jay whispered in my ear as he hugged me from behind. I nodded and snuggled in his arms.

"Stop quarrelling you both." Sophie said pulling them apart. "Let's go dance." She said, everyone agreed so we decided to go downstairs on the dance floor. Everyone grabbed their partners. Alex found himself a girl.

"You look beautiful." Jay said

"I know." I said flipping my hair back. He chuckled and turned me around so my back was against his front. We swayed to the music.

"Giara?" I hummed in answer. "What will happen after you are done with the job? You know when the threatener is caught." He whispered.

"I will be assigned a new case I guess." I shrugged.

"New case?" I nodded. "What type of these cases are?" He asked. I turned around and locked my hands around his neck.

"Why are you asking?" I raised my eyebrow in question. He sighed before pulling me closer than I already was.

"I don't want you to go. I don't want you to go and protect some other boy. I want you to protect me forever, be with me forever."

"Jay.."

"No Giara, listen to me, I really like you, like really really like you and I want to be with you." He confessed holding my face in his palms. I sighed and took his hands in mine.

"Jay we can't, it doesn't matter how much we like each other because we just can't. My lifestyle is far different from yours." I explained looking into his eyes. No matter what, we can't be together. He deserves someone better, better than a liar like me.

"I don't care. We'll adjust ourselves. I'll even ask dad to make you my lifetime bodyguard." I chuckled. "What? Why are you laughing? I am serious."

"No, it's just month ago you hated me. You didn't want me to follow you around." I said grinning at him.

"Yes, and now I don't want you to go." He laughed shaking his head. We both laughed thinking about our first meeting. How I had held him by his neck against the wall. How I had later threatened him to cooperate. "I was so childish back then." He said smiling.

"Like now you are not?" I teased.

"Shut up." He pouted making me chuckle. "Can we be like this forever?" He suddenly asked my smile dropped.

"I don't know Jay. Can we just not think about future and just live in this moment please?" I asked looking up at him. He sighed but nodded anyways. We both smiled at each other and continued dancing.

"That was so heartbreaking G, I so want you guys to be together but I am know it's not possible." Alec voice echoed through the earpiece. I sighed and hummed in return.

"Any signs of suspicion?" I whispered back as Jay turned me around.

"No." He replied back. I nodded to myself. I scanned the club looking for any suspicious person but found none. Only drunks, stumbling here and there. Alex and the nameless girl were getting handsy. Paul and Rina were seating at the bar, Rina as always talking and Paul, he was staring at us more like at me, it was weird but nevertheless I smiled back, he just nodded and turned his attention back to Rina. Marcus and Sophie were in their own world. They looked cute. It look like Marcus was using his best charms as Sophie would smile and blush every five seconds. Then Sophie said something to Marcus he nodded and turned around searching for someone. He caught my eyes. They both walked towards us.

"What's wrong?" I asked as they neared us.

"Sophia wants to use restroom and I don't want her to go alone, I suggested I'll go with her but she is not comfortable so will you..."Marcus trailed off.

"Yeah yeah I'll go with her and don't worry I'll protect your queen. "I teased as I pulled Sophie towards the restroom. She blushed again making me chuckle. "Alec, Nick keep an eye on Jay and others. I'm heading towards restroom with Donati's daughter. I'll see if I can get something out of her about her daddy." I whispered as I walked with Sophie to restroom.

"Uh huh."

"I'll take a minute." Sophie rushed in one of stalls. I nodded in answer. Looking at Sophie, she looks innocent, unknown to her daddy's crimes. Don't be so sure G, looks can be deceiving. My conscious warned me.

"Hey sorry, it was urgent." Sophie apologised as she came out and washed her hands.

"No problem."

"Thanks for coming with me , I know we kinda disturbed you guys." She grinned, I rolled my eyes smiling at her.

"Whatever." I said as she laughed. "Hey Sophie, I heard that your dad is quite the businessman, I mean my brother is kind of into that thing. Mr. Donati is like his idol." I said looking at her. A smile graced her face. A proud smile to be exact.

"Yes he is. The busiest one I would say. I don't know much about his work but I do know that he is biggest and wisest businessman. Even though he is busy, he still arranges time from his busy schedule for me. He is the best person in the world. He has done so much for me." She said which seem very genuine. "Sorry I just keep talking."

"No it's fine." I smiled. My doubt was correct. Sophie is innocent who thinks her daddy is a saint.

"Let's go." She said and we made our way outside. The music was change from slow song to more upbeat one. Couple were dancing, grinding against at each other and there were Marcus and Rina doing some weird steps. They were going nuts, shaking their head vigorously, Marcus doing some weird robot dance. I searched for Jay but he wasn't on dance floor.

"You go ahead and join them. I'll be at bar!" I shouted over music to Sophie. She nodded and made her way towards them. I walked towards the bar looking for Jay but he was not there.

"Alec? Nick?" I called. No one answered for a moment so I look around.

"Yes G?"

"Where is Jay?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"Umm Jay he, he is-"

"Where. Is. Jay. Nick?" I gritted through my teeth. I was panicking but I composed myself when I spotted Alec and Nick near the entrance. I rushed towards them. "I fucking told you to keep an eye on him." I glared at him.

"We, we don't know. We watched him until a girl decided to flirt with me when she clearly had a boyfriend, her boyfriend got furious, and jumped at me, so I called Alec cause I didn't know what to do." Nick explained.

"Are you an idiot?! You are fucking agent Nick?! You should know how handle situation like that. More importantly you both should have known that it was to distract you morons!" I was furious. I wanted to killed them. Jay was missing and I had no idea. "Where is Jack?"

"Jack?" Alec called. "He is not answering. I'll go check on him." Alec said as he rushed upstairs.

"G?" Nick called.

"What?!" I snapped.

"His friend, Paul is missing too." Nick informed.

"Paul?"

A/N:

Ahh, it took ages to write this chapter. I hope you like it. And guyssss the end of this book is near!! Two or three chapters more and then done!! Don't forget to vote, comment and share this story with your pals.

Love,
Alba 💜

Love,Alba 💜