The Vampire's Bride -9

Chapter 9:

Alina's P.O.V:

My eyes were burning.

That was the first thought I woke up to. The second, however, was to realise that my eyes weren't really burning, it was under the scrutiny of the direct sunlight coming in from...I opened my eyes a tiny blink....shut them immediately...through the huge floor length windows on the wall opposite to the bed.

The third thing that crossed my mind was....I don’t have gigantic windows in my bedroom!

Oww!

I jumped up in bed...looking around the unfamiliar room to detect the source of the voice I just heard. But all I got was a room devoid of any other humans...or vampires expect for me.
I could've sworn I heard someone talk, then how come no one's here?

I did talk. But it's in your mind.

And then I remembered about last night. The meeting, Ryan escorting me to the restaurant, Erick...I grimaced...then fainting in the bathroom and ending up in his Beach House.

"How can I hear you?" I asked aloud, my voice coming out raspy, so I cleared my throat a few times.

There's water on your bedside table.

And there was. Taking the covers off, I shifted to pick up the glass but I had overestimated my own strength and the glass immediately slipped from my trembling fingers. I gasped reaching out to catch the glass before it fell, but instead of it shattering on the floor, I heard the banging of a door and the gust of wind followed by a hand reaching out to catch the glass inches from the floor. Water sloshed over the rim and dripped on to the wood but the glass remained intact.

Gasping, I looked up and found Erick standing next to the bed with the glass of water in his hand, dressed in faded jeans and a blue t-shirt that brought out the blue of his eyes. It's not the first time I've seen him use his vampire speed, but each time I see it, it leaves me stunned at the power display...and reminds me of how different we truly are.

"Here", he handed me the glass.

Taking it from him, this time carefully, I drank the entire glass and placed it on the table. "Thanks."

"Breakfast's ready. I got some clothes in the wardrobe over there," he pointed to the right hand corner of the room, right next to another door, which I'm guessing is the bathroom. "Get ready and come down stairs."

I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose. "Stop ordering me around-" I began to say but when I went to look at him...I found myself talking to thin air.

Not ordering, just following doc's orders to get food into your system ASAP.

"I really need to know how you're doing this!" I grumbled and got out of the bed slowly. With almost two days of surviving only on coffee, I'm not sure how I'm even standing. But that was beside the point. I needed to go see dad and finish up my work at the office. Which reminds me, how did Erick manage to convince Ryan to let him take me home?

Following Erick's instructions I opened the wardrobe and found a few extremely expensive, designer dresses and underwear still with their tags on. And they were all of my size. Shuddering at the creepiness of it, I pulled out the simplest one I could find along with a pair of simple cotton underwear and went into the bathroom to shower.

Showering as quickly as possible, I was out within 10 minutes with a peach coloured sleeveless summer dress that came to my knees and had golden butterflies on the hemline. I towel dried my hair and let it down to dry naturally. I didn’t even bother with makeup, never liked that stuff anyways.

Walking down to the kitchen, I found two plates of food already served and steaming. The smell of bacon and eggs and fresh toast with butter made my mouth water instantly. My tummy growled at the same instant, making me realise just how hungry I was.

"Come on," Erick urged as he took a seat on the counter where the food was and placed what smelled like a glass of mango juice out for me and a glass of a much darker liquid, I’d rather not think about this early in the morning, in front of him.

"Did you make all these?" I asked as I sat down opposite to him.

"Yeah." He scratched the back of his head, seemingly at a loss of words. "I couldn’t think of anything else to cook. Is this okay?"

Erick Stayton never fails to surprise me. He was making an effort, just as he’d said; I have to give him some credit for that. And it's not like I can avoid my fiancé forever. But the question is...do I make an effort as well or hold on to my morals a little longer until he does something that can permanently alter my view of him? I couldn’t decide that yet.

"It's fine." I answered his question, taking the bite of the scrambled eggs...and moaned.

Maybe it was the fact that I haven't eaten anything for nearly two days, or maybe it was just Erick's cooking, but whatever the reason, it tasted damn delicious!

"That good, huh?" Erick smirked.

"Hey! Try to survive on a liquid diet for two da-" I cut myself off at his smirk. Of course he can. He can survive on a liquid diet forever.
I cleared my throat and continued to devour the divine ambrosia in front of me.

"I need to get back." I said; after I'd finished my plate and gulped down the mango juice in one go. I must’ve been really hungry. "I have to check on papa."

Erick put down his glass and gave me a sympathetic look. "I already called the hospital, he's stable and resting. We need to talk."

"Okay, let's talk about how you can suddenly telepath me." I said. “And how you got past Ryan and everyone to get me here?” That part had been bugging me since this morning.

"Well, there weren’t many people so I just compelled them" he said it like he was talking about the weather. And then he sighed and ran his hands down his face. "Vampires can do that with people we've had...a connection with."

"What connection?" I asked confused.

"I drank your blood....and we had sex." His voice was strained at the last part.

"You mean, when you raped me?" I corrected. My good mood was over.

"Yes Alina," he ran his hands through his hair, messing it up. "When I raped you...we shared blood and body, that's why I can have a telepathic connection to you."

"Then why didn't you use it before today?" I asked. Somehow, I had this nagging feeling that he wasn't sharing everything with me. But if his definition included anymore 'sharing blood and body' comments, then I'm pretty sure I don't want to know. It was one thing seeing your assaulter and another thing discussing the crime with him.

"We haven't exactly been under the same roof for this long."

Now that, I can't argue with. "Fine." I pinched the bridge of my nose. "What did you want to talk about?"

"My mother will be arriving shortly; she wants to take you bridal dress shopping."

And my day just got a whole lot better. Not!

########################################################

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please like and vote and comment and follow. And Enjoy!

Lovage!!♥♡♥