Chapter Three

"Wish we could've kept her in the family but it's just not possible. I trust you'll take good care of her?" The pudgy man turns to look at me, he has to look up to do it since he can't be any taller than 5'3 or 5'4.

"Don't worry about it. I promise that I'll fix it up and you'll be the first to come in and see the place all fixed." I give him a small smile, looking up at the building I've just purchased.

He gives me a nod and a heavy handshake before hobbling to his car and heading off back the way he came. After I can no longer see the tail lights of his car I turn back to look up at the grocery store that has just recently been put under my name.

This is going to be a huge start for the pack. It'll take a little bit of money to get everything back up and running but with how close it is to the pack and how financially stable it'll make us there can't be any better of a start.

I already took a tour of the place so there is no need to go back in to see where I need to start. I have no doubt that the very first thing that I have to do is to have an exterminator come and spray down the place.

The amount of rats and bugs that have made this place it's home is unreal. I almost threw up the first time I saw a horde of bugs huddled in one of the corners.

I pull out my phone and look up the closest exterminators, once I find one with a good rating I make the call. Thankfully they have an opening for later this day so I won't have to wait very long to get started on the interior.

Once everything with the exterminators is taken care of I get into my car and head back towards the pack house. I still have to go over the papers again to see what my next step will be.

It's quite a short drive but since I'm not in any rush I take my time, driving with my window down and my music on. It's peaceful, and lord knows I need just a little bit of time where my brain isn't going into overdrive. 

I lay my forearm on the window, occasionally moving my hand out into the wind and letting the wind move it as I drive.

Eventually, I take press my foot on the gas, getting to the pack house I turn the car off. Rather than go in though, I take a moment to just observe. I've never really taken the time to notice my pack house.

It's not a mansion or anything, but it's not small by any means. It has four floors, with an open plan, windows covering most of the walls. A sharp knock on my window breaks my view of the house, making me jump.

I get out of the car quickly, noticing the look of pain on the girls face.

I know who she is, Harper Barten. One of the new wolves. She just shifted a month ago.

I may not be out and about but I do keep up with the gossip going through the halls.

She grabs my arm roughly, tears going down her face.

"Alpha, please it hurts so bad!" She bends over and lets out a small squeak of pain, making my panic increase.

She doesn't have to say anything else, I grab her and slowly escort her to the other side of the car, opening the door for her and waiting as she slowly slides down to the seat.

On the way to the hospital she fills me in, although through the cries of pain.

She woke up a few nights ago in extreme pain, thinking it was just cramps she took some pain killers and moved on, almost daily it's been doing it and she hasn't said a word. Today it must have been too much for her or something.

When we get to the hospital I run in and get a wheelchair for her, wheeling her into the waiting room the nurse takes one look at me and gets her through. The only hospital we have close to us is a mixture of both humans and wolves, but we have a generally half and half staff that knows who I am.