Chapter 3 - Five Years

After I got over the shock of Elijah calling me a Luna, he went on to make me chocolate chip pancakes with a side of bacon. I told him to surprise me after growing tired of him badgering me about what I wanted to eat, so this was what he decided on. I'll admit, I was intrigued. As a rogue, we commonly ate fresh kills for meals, but when we came together as a group somewhere and cooked in our human form, our breakfasts typically only consisted of meats and eggs. The bacon, I was familiar with, but I don't think I had ever had pancakes before. Oh, not to mention it was now dark outside and he just cooked breakfast foods. Do normal people actually do that?

He was so odd, especially for an Alpha, but I honestly felt like that was in my benefit.

Elijah was actually a really good cook, and he seemed pleased when I scarfed down the meal he prepared without argument. I thought after I finished eating he would maybe let me go to bed and have some alone time to process this new situation, but no, he insisted that I meet his family.

"I'm a rogue, your family is not going to approve," I told him, feeling my bold personality resurfacing.

"You are not a rogue anymore," he said to me, a hint of anger in his voice. He didn't like that I kept calling myself that. "And my family will love you because you're my mate. Please come meet them, Lena. They're so excited that I've finally found you," he pleaded.

I let out an annoyed groan, feeling defeated. Why did he have to have this effect on me? Stupid mate bond.

"Fine," I muttered.

Elijah's golden eyes lit up with joy, and he gently took my hand again, leading me out of the Alpha's wing and into another part of the massive pack house. We finally arrived in front of a door to what I assumed was the wing for the former Alpha and Luna. My stomach felt like it was in knots. I was not a nervous person, but meeting a former Alpha, who could very fell be old-fashioned and set in his ways and opinions, didn't set very well with me.

A rather scrawny man who had definitely never been an Alpha answered the door and bowed his head to Elijah and I before leading us down a hallway. This wing actually appeared to be bigger than Elijah's, which seemed kind of odd to me. Shouldn't the Alpha have the largest wing in the pack house?

"I hear them! They're here!" a female's voice squealed in excitement. Although it was not the voice of a child, she was younger and definitely not Elijah's mom. Did he have siblings? That would explain the large wing.

Elijah and I rounded the corner and entered a living area. I was immediately greeted with tight hugs from two females who I assumed were Elijah's mother and sister. I froze in shock, both because I had never met these people before, and I was just not the touchy-feely type. Sensing my discomfort, they both let go and backed away, facing me with wide smiles.

Elijah stood behind me chuckling.

"Lena, this is my sister, Daphne, and my mother, Diana," he told me. I put on my biggest, friendliest smile for them, surely looking dumb as shit.

"Hi Lena! Oh my goddess, I am so so SO excited my brother found you! Like, he was so miserable without a mate. He's getting old, you know," his sister, Daphne explained to me. She had an extremely bubbly, preppy personality that deeply contrasted mine, but her friendliness was likable. Daphne stood a little taller than me, from her Alpha genes no doubt, and had the same beautiful, rusty-red color hair as Elijah and his entire family. Her hair was long, thick, and silky. It fell all the way down to her thin waist. She was petite, but curvaceous in all the right places. I had a feeling that she would be the perfect mate of a highly ranked wolf one day.

Daphne's skin was pale and freckled, just like the rest of her family, but she had a concentration of freckles on her nose that dispersed down across her cheeks. Unlike Elijah, she had emerald green eyes that were large and welcoming. She wasn't super young, but not quite my age either. I'd guess she was somewhere in her late teens.