all alone.

1

1.

all alone.

_________________________

Sun light shone through the small french doors that led to the balcony. The room was bright with its white walls and dark wood floors. 

It was the sunlight that woke Catherine up. Not the sound of her parents calling her downstairs or the smell of her moms famous blueberry pancakes.

Catherine looked around.  The apartment was small but clean.

Just like every morning, she took a deep breath, closed her eyes and searched her mind. Trying to find her wolf, wanting to beg her to just appear.

And like every other morning all Cat heard, ironically, was silence.

Day by day, no more and no less.

She repeated in her head, a mantra learned from the therapist.

After showering and handling the necessities in the bathroom, she changed into a black knit crop top and high waisted black skinny jeans.

Too soon Cat found herself  in the kitchen, again fighting a daily battle with what food she would eat. While Erin, her sister, had filled the kitchen with loads of food, she found herself again at the same crossroad again wanting to eat nothing.

But she remembered that it was important to stay strong, she couldn't revert back to the old days.

The blue bowl was soon filled with chopped fruits, yogurt, granola and honey.

Each spoon was shoved into her mouth almost cautiously.

As she put the bowl into the sink, quickly washing it, too soon the telephone rang. Cat jumped up from the  fear.

She reached over the marble bar countertop to pick up the phone, leaning her body on the countertop with her elbows resting.

Ironically it was a message from the elders on the worldwide werewolf council. Cat, started to hyperventilate.

Not knowing what they wanted worried, she was afraid they could be forcing her to go back to her parents and force her to live through the pain again.

The cut off from oxygen turned her whole face purple and she grabbed the countertop to balance herself and prevent from crashing to the ground.

As she finally started to clear her mind, Cat looked around noticing the white walls and the beautiful artwork.

But most importantly of all, even surrounded with everything she had, Cat was more alone than ever.

Loneliness, well that's a new feeling she thought.

C A T

***
Short but an essential chapter. Hope you like it.