Chapter 5 || Past

Emily's POV:

I felt my eyes burning from the light when I tried to open them. I turned around only to snuggle into a hard pillow. I slowly opened my eyes to see that it wasn't pillow but it was Hayes.

I quickly shot out of bed and was about to fall off before an arm caught me and pulling back on the bed and back into that hard chest which I remembered was Hayes. Wait...Why was Hayes in my bed? Last nights memories came flooding back into my mind.

"Morning," I said to Hayes.

"Morning." He said it his deep morning voice.

I got out of bed to go and make some breakfast because this stomach isn't gonna feed its self. Right now I could probably eat over 50 pancakes with Maple syrup.

"Ugh . . . my head is killing." Hayes moaned and I just laughed.

"It's called a hangover and you get it when you get drunk," I said smirking at him.

"I know what it's called," he said sitting up.

"Where are you going?" Hayes asked.

"To make some breakfast, because right now I could eat over 50 pancakes," I said grinning. Hayes just chuckled then groaned from a headache.

"Get shower than come downstairs I will give you some painkillers, it will help with a headache," I said before walking downstairs.

I walked into the kitchens to everyone sitting there. "Ugh . . . Austin shut the fuck up please, my head is killing." Layla said moaning.

I walked into the kitchen, went to the the the cupboard and took out some painkillers, I gave 2 to Layla and also to Kate and Ethan.

They looked like they could use some. "Thanks." they all said in unison.

I saw that Anna was making pancakes and I my mouth was literally watering as if I could already taste them. It's as if she could read my mind.

I sat down on the stool. The guys and the girls all looked at me as if they saw a ghost. "What? Why are you all staring at me as if you saw a ghost?" I asked confused.

"Why a-" Austin was going to ask before Layla cut him off, "are you wearing Hayes top?" she asked wiggling her eyebrows.

I looked down to see me wearing a pair of shorts and Hayes top. "Because I am." I furrowed my brows together.

"Ugh . . . I need some food." I heard Hayes say behind me. He sat next to me while holding his head in his hands.

I got up and handed him a glass of water and some painkillers and then handed everyone some pancakes that Anna made for everyone.

It was dead silent, all you could hear was hungry people more like pigs who we call boys eating. Luke decided to break the silence. "Emily?" He asked.

"Hmm..." I replied.

"Last night you said you were going to tell us where you went," Luke said. I almost choked while drinking my orange juice. I honestly thought they would have forgotten about it.

I glared at Luke. "Don't give me the death glare . . . you should know by now that I don't forget anything and I mean anything," he said emphasising on the word anything.

"Why? Where did she go last night?" Kate asked Luke.

"Ask her yourself," Luke replied. I huffed in response. I looked at Kate and she raised eyebrows signalising for me to continue. Right now I was hoping for someone to come knocking on my door to take me away. Or even better an alien invasion to happen so I would have to tell them anything.

"Look, guys, I told you yesterday what happened, I went out last night to go and meet someone, he said he had some very important information to tell me about someone. At first, I was a little hesitant on whether I should go or not. But he told me it was very very important. I am glad that I went to talk to him or more like listen to what he had to tell me." I told them all.

"Alright . . .  but what did he tell you." Austin asked and I could tell he was being a bit pushy and I didn't like it.

"I'm sorry, buts that confidential," I said seriously.

"It's that confident that you have to hide it from your friends," Layla said shocked.

"Yes, it is that confidential that I have to hid it from my friends," I said staring right back at her.

"Look I'm sorry but I can't tell you guys what he said. It's not only private but also personal. It has to do with my past that's why." I said staring at my glass of orange juice.

"What happened in your past that you can't tell us, I thought we were all friends," Luke said.

That's it I've had enough I can't take this any more. Talking about my past isn't easy, my childhood wasn't really happy, I still remember my mother laying in front of me lifeless after that idiot killed her. I remembered every day watching my mother and father getting beaten. I never watched my father die because I just couldn't. Whereas for my mother he made me watch. It was a painful sight to see. I didn't realise that a tear rolled down my cheek.

I pushed my chair back and was going to make my way upstairs but before that, I turned around to see everyone staring at me.

"I can't talk about my past. I saw some of the most horrific things a child could see. My past...my past is like a big part of my future now. My past was difficult and dangerous and it still is. The guy I went to go and see last night was my manager. That's all." with saying that I went upstairs and played in my bed.

For some reason, I felt tired. And without me knowing I let the the the the the darkness take me over. Even after having more than 6 hours sleep I felt sleepy.