Chapter 25: Death anniversary

Emily's POV:

So many people are crying on this date. 10th April. Same date my parents were gruesomely murdered in front me.

Most people would properly cry, but me no I don't. I lock myself away. I distant myself from people. It's unhealthy but it's just my way of dealing with things like that.

I need time to myself. Time alone. Where I can just sit and be numb. Not worry about anything. It's currently 7am. Unfortunately we all have to leave because of a gang emergency back home.

Hayes took me to the doctor and they said it's a sprain. It would take around 2 weeks or so before I can walk properly. I'm currently pulling up some green camo leggings. I had my cotton grey set of Calvin Klein's. You could see the waistband on my bottoms.

I pulled on my black crop hoodie which had LAX written in white on it. Tying my hair up in a high ponytail, I grab my vans and put them on. Grabbing all my luggage, I began to walk out the door.

My phone in my hand and my back pack swung on one shoulder. I place my luggage my the door when a driver takes them out them in a car. Leaving against the wall for the other to come down.

I remember when I went to the park with my parents and Jake. I was about 4 or 5. "Mommy, push me" 5 year old me says. My mom comes walking towards me, her brown hair blowing in her face form the wind.

She pushes me from behind as I giggled. "I want a turn" Jake whined as my dad came pushed Jake on the other swing. "Look, I'm higher than you" Jakes says swinging higher. "I want to be high mommy" I say tears in my eyes.

"Oh don't cry Emily, you can go high" Jakes says coming off the swing and wiping my tears. "I love you" he says kissing my head, I grin as mom pushes me higher, "I love you too Jake" I scream laughing.

"Jake?" I say as I get of the swing and walk over to him by the sand box. "Yeah?" He says looking up at me. "Promise me you won't ever leave me" I say, my lip quivering. "I won't ever leave you Emily, you my little sister who I love so much" he says hugging me.

You broke your promise Jake. I wipe the tears that leaked out my eyes. You left me and you haven't been come back yet. It hurts, it hurts so much. "Emily?" A soft voice says, turning my head I see Anna and Julian. They have a long of concern on there faces.

"Are you-"

"I'm fine" I cut her off and wipe face with the sleeve of my hoodie. She nods but has a look of uncertainty on her face. "I'm fine Anna" I tell her again.

"Where are you crutches?" Julian's asks and I groan, "I hate using them, my arms hurt." He chuckled shaking his head. He walk away and walks back with my crutches. I groan and take them off him.

"Alright, let's go" Layla yells walking with everyone falling her. Everyone walks out laughing and smiling. I wish I could do that. But every time I smile it's fake. Who would smile on a day like this.

"Are you okay?" Hayes asks me, I nod and smile. Fake of course. He smile back and we all make our way to the cars.

***

"Hey" Layla sits next to me on the sofa in the jet. We are currently 5 hours away from California. "Are you okay, you've been quite?" Layla ask, "I'm fine, just tired" I lie, "your lying" she says.

"What made you think that?" I force a laugh. "That forced laugh" she points out seriously. I bit lip, turning my attention away from her. No one knows what today is.

"I'm-I just want to be alone, please" I quietly say, "Emily-" I shake my head, "please Layla, I just want to be alone for a bit, or perhaps the rest of the week" I say the last bit in a whisper so she doesn't here.