𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE | KILL OR BE KILLED

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT WAS THE MYSTIC FALLS HISTORICAL SOCIETY VOLUNTEER DAY, AND PREPARATIONS WERE UNDERWAY. Riley hated the idea of spending the entire day doing something that she wasn't really interested in, but she wanted to be there for her best friend. Stefan and Elena were apparently having relationship problems, and Riley assumed it probably had something to do with Katherine's arrival to Mystic Falls.

Carol Lockwood was stood on the podium giving a speech, whilst Riley and Stefan stood beside each other with their eyes fixed to her. "God. Kill me now." Riley mumbled softly as a scoff left Stefan's lips.

"Try being dead." Stefan retorted with a serious look on his face that soon turned into a smirk. His attention was soon taken by Mason, who was removing boxes from his trunk. "Ah. He's here. I need to fix whatever you and Damon started with him last night."

"Woah. Don't look at me like that, okay?" Riley glared at him the moment he gave her a judging look. "But, you have to admit, there is something really off about him and his whole coming-back-to-town story. It's crap, and you know it."

"Regardless of whether it's crap or not, we can't just go around killing people 'cause their stories are a little off. Now, come on." Stefan rolled his eyes and wandered in Mason's direction with the witch. "Mason."

"You're always with a Salvatore, huh?" Mason lifted his eyes up from his trunk and scoffed before he turned his attention to Stefan. "Stefan, right?"

"The nice one." Stefan nodded slowly as he leaned against Mason's truck. "The one offering you an apology."

"Not interested. Not unless it comes from Damon, or the mouth of your pretty little witch friend, here."

Stefan gave Riley a look as the little witch took a deep breath and nodded, a sympathetic look on her face. "Look, Damon and I acted impulsively, and it was wrong. So, I'm sorry for what happened last night."

"If you and Damon keep at each other's throats, somebody innocent is going to get hurt and I don't want that. You have family here, so I can't imagine you'd want that either. So, what do you say we just, uh— quit the whole alpha-male fighting thing and call a truce?"

Mason scoffed. "I made that same offer to your brother. He turned it down with a knife."

"Yeah, and like I just said, he made a mistake." Riley folded her arms across her chest. "Mason, I just apologized to you, I know that it doesn't do a lot, but Stefan's right. All of this fighting is gonna end up with someone getting hurt."

"Tell your brother to watch his back," Mason told Stefan just as he was about to walk away, but the Salvatore grabbed hold of Mason's arm.

"I'm guessing he only has to worry about that during a full moon. Otherwise, you're not as strong, am I right? Or you would have killed Damon by now. There's one of you. There's three of us, maybe you're the one that needs to watch his back." Stefan spoke in a harsh tone of voice was a stern look on his face.