𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN | DO NOT GO GENTLE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE LAST THING ON RILEY'S MIND WAS ATTENDING THE SCHOOL DANCE. And, considering their history in school dances, something always went wrong. Riley couldn't remember the last normal school dance that she and her friends had actually attended. But, Stefan insisted that it might do Riley some good to actually have fun— something she hadn't done in a long time.

"I don't want to." Riley firmly glared at both Stefan and Caroline who stood with folded arms at the bottom of her bed. "Do you really think that I, Riley Evans, depressed witch, will be fun to be around? God, even I hate being around me right now."

"You're going," Stefan's voice was stern whilst his arms remained folded over his chest.

Riley tilted her head backward dramatically and rested it on the headboard of the bed. "Okay, what happens if I get upset and I use my magic to accidentally kill someone, huh? What then?"

"Right, now you're just being dramatic." Caroline jumped into the bed beside her the witch. "You can come with me since Stefan's going with Elena and Damon's is clearly a no-go."

Riley exhaled deeply. "You're not gonna let me out of this, are you?"

"Nope." Both vampires spoke confidently once they knew that Riley had no choice but to attend the dance.

"I haven't even got anything to wear." Riley finally interjected the hope that maybe they would relent on their mission to get her to leave her bedroom. "Guess that means I can't go, right?"

"Wrong," Stefan smirked and pointed toward the dress Caroline had laid out on the back of a chair. "We came prepared."

"Of course you did." The strawberry-blonde mumbled to herself before she exhaled sharply and sat up. "Fine, fine! I'll go to the stupid dance."

"Good, because we've got a tight schedule to keep to so that I can get this—" Caroline waved her hand around Riley's tired exterior. "—looking amazing."

Riley narrowed her eyes toward the Salvatore who just stood there wearing a smug grin on his face. She knew that Stefan was trying to help her cheer up and get out of the house, as was Caroline. The strawberry-blonde sarcastically smiled and shot the pair a thumbs up before she threw the covers from herself. "Great, well. I'm going for a bath. Or, do you guys need to come with me just to make sure I don't drown myself?"

Stefan watched his best friend walk out of the bedroom, her sigh echoed through the halls as she went. "She's hurting. Whatever's going on between her and Damon, it's clearly taking its toll on her."

"She's in love with him, Stefan." Caroline shrugged with a sympathetic look. "He was her first love, I don't really think you ever get over that. And, to be honest, I don't think she will."