CHAPTER EIGHT

 "Boo!"

"Boo!"

Three boys jump out of the shadows, clutching their stomach's and doubling-over with laughter. Peyton's shrill scream dies a sudden death, wide eyes clocking the boys, her mouth unhinging.

I shakily exhale. That is one strange looking bear.

"Oh. My. God. You should've seen your face!" Tanner guffaws. "You were all like this and then you were all like that!" Tanner first brings his hands up to cover his eyes and then repositions them over his mouth with great, big gestures. "Man, you should've been there!"

"We were there and we did not find it funny." Brooklynn's crosses her arms, the invisible 'leader' badge glowing on her uniform.

"Lighten up." Braden murmurs, taking his usual backseat for a ride.

"We can't because our torches are dead!" Ashlynn squeaks, still visibly shaking with terror.

Tanner starts to laugh even harder, the sound echoing around the dead cavern. Even Colton cracks a smirk or two from his lurk in the shadows. But his eyes demand fear, they appear possessed, shining sharp in the night. Along with his powerful stance and distraught aura, his cards show a far more darker anguish tonight. And it's trained on me.

I think I might rather deal with a bear now.

"Your torches are dead because we tampered with them!" Tanner exclaims, drawing my attention to him, "We are definitely winning the 'Best Prank' award this year for sure!"

"As if, you idiot. When I tell Gianna all about your mediocre night playing with horror, the only thing you'll be winning is a long trip home," Edna drawls, hands on hips.

"Heck yeah!" Natalia agrees, high-fiving her surprised foe. I'm surprised we aren't shock-proof after tonight.

"Stop over-reacting, it was just a simple prank!"

"Just a simple prank, Tanner?"

"Yes, Brooklynn, just a simple prank! Do you need your ears checked?"