Tears

Sylvia's wrinkled eyes wince as I scurry around the loft on Silverdale Road. "Hun, are you sure this shotgun wedding isn't just your hormones at work?"

My steel eyes cut into hers. "Do you not want me to get married?" Her equally wrinkled hands raise in surrender. The suitcase I've packed is light, only containing a few days worth of clothes and a jar of spicy pickles for the road. Fuck what that doctor has to say, I know I'm pregnant. I'm about to marry the man of my dreams-- literally.

"Kitten, you shouldn't carry that." I jump at the airy voice right beside my ear. Bryson's hands work my tense shoulders, slowly making their way down to my hands, one holding the suitcase and the other a single rose that's been slipped into my fist. His hot breath tickles my ear in the most erotic way. "C'mon, let's get married."

➖✖➖

An entire gang, full of murderers, drug addicts, and straight up evil people, sit in a church. Every single one with a smile.

I sit in a back room of the church where, usually, children's Bible study occurs. Sylvia and I didn't have time to get a real wedding gown, so I snatched the first white dress that looked good enough. It's simple, no beading or glitter, but long and form fitting. The neckline is a sharp V, giving it an almost sexy vibe. What really sold it to me was the back-- the big cut out back with the two thin crosses straps called to me. I know any other bride wouldn't want to get married in such a dress, but I quite like it.

"Violet, you look great." Twon pushes a few more pins into the stylish bun he's created on the top of my head. Perks of having older sisters, he says, is knowing how to do simple hair styles. "If only I was a girl getting married to a rich vice president of a biker gang." Antwon's girlish swoon makes me burst into laughter.

Sylvia, being the old lady she is, chuckles to herself from the seat she's in. My face is makeup free, like always, but since it's a special occasion Syl allowed me to take a few swipes from her crimson tinted lipstick. A whole lot of nerves flutter around my stomach as the time gets closer and closer to one o'clock.

I turn away from the mirror to face my two closest friends-- a forty something year old woman and a thirty something year old bartender. My people.

My shaky hands run over the smooth fabric of my dress. "How do I look?"

Twon's low whistle brings a smile to my face. "Damn, if you weren't pregnant already you sure would be tonight."

"What he said."

I turn to look for who spoke and come face to face with Jacob and Ander. Ander swoops in for a hug, wrinkling my dress in the process. I pull away from Ander to give Jacob a quick hug.

"I know we aren't the best of friends," Jacob starts, "but you're family now. As the leader of this gang I accept you fully into our crazy family. At first I was sceptical of you, Bones never brought women back to the house. But when we saw how he acted around you, we knew you two were the real deal. Give my man a break sometimes, he's trying to make it up to you for leaving. Take it from me, Bones isn't very romantic but he loves you tons."

Ander pulls the two of us into his arms. "C'mon, Viper, c'mon! Hurry up and give it to her."

I just now notice the gift bag in his hand. Jacob rolls his eyes, but does what his friend says. I slowly pull the tissue paper from the bag, probably Harley's doing, and reveal a jacket. A leather jacket with 180 stitched on the back accompanied with a bone underneath.

Well look at that, I'm Bone's girl.

"Thank you." Sylvia helps me slip it on. A perfect fit. It stops a few inches above my ass and the sleeves don't cover my hands like Bryson's does. I love it. "It means a lot."