Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Splash! I felt the little drops of water against my legs as I ran. I heard their footsteps getting distant. The air felt cold against my skin. It felt good though. I ran into a dark alley. I out ran them. I crouched behind the garbage cans. It smelled like someone had taken 5 dumps and a decomposing body. I looked around for something to drink. I found a tiny juice box. I ripped the top off. It wasn’t much but it was good enough to satisfy my metallic tasting mouth.

“Where the hell is she?!” I heard the leader scream.

“I don’t know but we’ll find her” said the soldier.

My stomach grumbled…LOUD. Crap! I haven’t eaten anything in about 2 days. I held it tight to shut it up. I heard nothing except the hard panting of my breath. I felt my heart in my ears. I checked my watch. It was 2:30 AM. I’ve been running for an hour now. I was still crouched behind the garbage cans with my calves screaming in protest as I heard footsteps coming into the alley. The footsteps were heavy and I heard panting. I heard the person searching the dumpster frantically. Thank god I decided to hide behind the garbage cans.

“N360? Are you there?” my best friend Noah Person said. I sighed with relief.

“Finally! Where in the damn hell were you?!” I said getting up from behind the garbage cans.

“Hey! I was running away from the wolfie’s and then I lost you.” He smiled. “Alright let’s get going.”

N360 was my vampire soldier name. My real name is Viola Johnson. The reason why he called out N360 instead of Vi was because nobody else except the other vampire soldier’s new that name. Noah’s vampire soldier name was N359. We both came in at the same time. We grew up together. We didn’t know vampire’s existed until Lieutenant Kurt came and told us that we were two of the best athletes he saw in the whole of Greensburg, Indiana. We did win all of the trophies for our school. He told us the reason why we were so fast, strong and smart was because we were vampires. We both laughed, but then we immediately we both stopped after he checked our eyes and said we have vampire eyes. I didn’t know what to say or do, so I decided to go along with it. Noah did the same. We were only 16 when we got to the camp. Here we are 3 years later age 19 running away from wolfie soldiers. Wolfies are werewolves; wolfie is what we call them. We got into our Hummer and drove off. I looked at him. Noah was tall, and handsome. He was sweet, kind, generous and is always willing to do anything for his “sister.” He calls me his sister since we’ve been together for nineteen years. I had a crush on him since I was 13. I never told him, and I’m not planning on telling him any time soon. I know that he would never like me back. I was tall, had black straight hair that I liked to keep short. I was dark, and had a face full of acne. My body had scars everywhere because of the 3 years doing vampire training. I always liked living life on the edge. Noah preferred to stay safely off it. I always go after new things while Noah chases after me to stop. I sometimes wish he chases after me because he loves me, like I love him. But it won’t happen. No one has ever had a crush on me. One of those reasons is because I’m depressed. Noah knows this and I think the reason he doesn’t like me is because of that. He sees me more of a pal, not a girlfriend.

*

We arrived at the camp in 4 hours. We slept at different areas since I was a girl and he was boy. He came out of the car to hug me. As I got out of the car to hug him back, he kissed me. I saw fireworks. As he pulled me back we both looked at each other.

“Whoa” we both said in unison. I went to my room and I saw him stare at me while I closed the door. I went the bed and lied down. I smiled the whole time before I went to bed. The feeling of his lips against mine was amazing. I still felt them as I went to sleep.