Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I’m sitting in the middle of darkness. Something is tied around my mouth. My hands are tied behind me. I squirm and struggle to get out but I can’t. The leader comes out of the darkness. He back hands me across my face. I spit blood in his face. He punches me in my stomach. I cough. 3 other soldiers come out with a towel and a big jug of water. The grab me roughly and place the towel on my face. They take the jug of water and spill it on me. I can’t breathe. I’m choking. I’m going to die. They lift the towel of my head. I take in a deep breath. I’m alive. I scream for help.

“Vi!” I hear them scream my name. I felt someone slap me across the face.

“Vi!” I heard Asha scream into my ear. I woke up in shock. I was bathed in sweat. I saw Saru, Tina, Asha and Noah looking at me. “You were having a nightmare.” Asha said not bothering to hide the fear in her voice. I shook my head fast and hard. I felt dizzy. I took the water from Tina’s hand and drank it.

“Did you spill this on me?” I asked my voice barely over a whisper. Tina nodded. It was just a nightmare I thought. Just a nightmare. I checked my watch. It was 7:00 AM. “Ok.” I said my voice beginning to get better. “I’ll meet you guys for breakfast in a while.” They nodded and all left the room, except for Noah.

“Vi, you’ve been having nightmares more then usual.” He said a bit of worry in his voice. I nodded. I went to the bathroom and found a silk bathrobe. I put it on. It felt nice and warm. Noah came in and hugged me from behind.

“Noah, I’m worried.” I said. He kissed my neck and I looked up. I sighed. “I was hoping that we left all of our problems in Indiana.” I turned around and kissed him. He wrapped a bathrobe around himself and we went to the kitchen for breakfast. There was cereal and some pancakes. I took some cereal and poured milk into it. No one spoke. No one laughed. No one did anything. We all just sat down and ate in silence.

“Let’s go out somewhere.” Said Saru. We all nodded in agreement. Noah and I went back to our bedroom and put on some fresh clothes. We took the limo into town. Asha, Tina and I went clothes shopping. The guys went somewhere else.

“So how did he do it?” I asked Tina in excitement to hear the story.

“Well, we were out to dinner and then he put it in my slice of cake when I went to the bathroom. My fork hit it. I took it out and I immediately said yes!” She said with a huge smile on her face.

“If Noah puts it in my food I’m going to eat it.” I said. That was the truth. Asha and Tina giggled.

“I can imagine” they said in unison. I began to laugh.

“So Asha, what happened with you and Ryan?” I asked. She hasn’t spoken a word of him since Noah and I moved in.

“He went to Paris for some business. I didn’t want to tell you just yet. He’s gonna move in with us when he’s done.” She said.

“Why didn’t-” I didn’t even get to finish my question when there was an explosion. Everything flew, including Tina, Asha and I. I couldn’t hear anything. I saw a figure running. I got up and chased after it. The sound came back to me when I heard Asha and Tina calling after me. I stopped when I saw the leader’s face in the smoke. I turned and ran back to where Asha and Tina were. I picked them up and began to run where Noah and Saru probably were. I ran into Noah. We nodded and ran towards the parking lot where the limo was.

“Vi? What’s going on?” Tina asked scared. I looked up to see Saru, Tina and Asha looking at Noah and I in fear.

“Like I said on the plane, we’re on the run.” I said. “What’s the driver’s name?” I asked impatient.

“Tony” said Saru, Tina and Asha. I rolled down the window.

“Tony! Step on it.” I looked out side the window. I saw 3 wolfie soldiers coming at the limo. “Fast!” I yelled. As we drove off, a wolfie soldier caught up and jumped on the roof. She ripped open the sun roof. I climbed up and we began to fight. Her heel barely missed my face. Tony’s driving was out of control. I kicked her throat. I heard something in her throat break. She began to choke. “I win!” I said as I kicked her off the limo. I climbed back in side. Saru, Tina, Asha, and Noah stared at me with shock. I shrugged. We arrived at their house 10 minutes later since Tony was driving so fast. I got out and fell. I felt really dizzy. I felt water fall on my head. I shook my head. I only got flashes of terrible images. They were of the wolfies. I saw them killing my friends and Noah.

“This is going to happen to you!” I heard the leader say with an evil laugh.

“NO!” I screamed. I passed out.