Chapter 1

Jasper POV

        " Something smells good. Even though I don't like to eat a heavy breakfast so early in the morning, I am sure that I won't be able to help myself from gobbling down the food with how yummy your food smell and tastes. Let me kiss your beautiful hand that created this yummy specimen so early in the morning." my annoying but beautiful sister said to me as I was setting the table for breakfast for my family. My mom also cooks the greatest food but since I also like cooking she lets me do it every morning.

       "Melrose doesn't disturb your brother. You are more of a child than he is. You even don't know how to cook a single dish. I think you would starve to death if you were to live on your own. Whoever your mate is would have to work extra hard to earn more to either buy takeaways every day or to salvage the damage done by you to the kitchen. My poor son-in-law" My mom mocked Mel for her not being able to cook.

" Mom aren't you overreacting. I do know how to cook but I don't like to wake up so early in the morning and do the house chores like my brother. He would be a perfect househusband. Nothing wrong in the house works as a boy, but I don't have the skill and patience like him okay." My sister said while throwing a dramatic wink at me. Even though others say I look cuter than intimidating when I glare at others,  I glared at her making both her and mom awe at my antics rather than get scared. I hate it when everyone thinks I look cute when I glare. I am supposed to look bad but no!! I have to look like a cute puppy, said my dad not me.

           My mom and sister were bickering back and forth when dad came in with a newspaper in his hand. My mom and sister act like they are more of a sibling than a mother and a daughter. But who am I to complain to have such a good relationship with my adoptive family. They are the greatest blessings that ever happened in my life.

I don't remember that much about my past but only blurry vision here and there about my biological mom and dad. I don't know what happened and get sad that they aren't here but at the same time, I am grateful to God that he provided me with this beautiful family even though they aren't mine.

          Dad has got the perfect eyesight being a werewolf but also after having eyesight which is perfectly fine he likes to wear glasses to make him look like he is quite intelligent which is quite funny because he is already a genius as he is the best tracker in the pack. He also says that wearing glass would make him look kind of even more handsome. He is really handsome for his age. But what can I say when he is beautiful inside and outside.

     " Jasper, why are your mom and sister bickering like they are in some serious discussion so early in the morning? I know it is their usual routine to do so but don't you think they are like an old married couple than your mom is with me?" my dad asked me. I just laughed at his way of saying that dad wants Mom to be like that with him.

You would think that after living with a family that is not blood-related for like twelve-year I would be able to open my heart and trust them but I am the same shy and timid boy with trust issues. So I just never speak my thought thinking that I would anger or upset them. Others say that I am inconsiderate but they don't know that once you start having insecurities then it is like a devil residing in your mind and making a house in there.

     Since I didn't answer him,  my mom and sister turn to my dad and mom said " honey don't be nosy and let me spend some time with my daughter so I can lecture her about how to cook and be able to survive" in authoritative voice making dad pout.  I could see Mel copying the way mom was talking to Dad when mom was looking at dad making me silently laugh at those three minions.

      Laughing, giggling and some comments here and there are the only things I do in front of them. I am kind of guilty that I don't try to talk to them as much as they want me to so I could open up more and let all those bottled up emotions so I can have some peace but what can I do when my trust and confidence is always lowered when I muster some courage to trust other.