Chapter 4

Ashton POV

          It was early in the morning when John came barging into my room. I knew we need to go to Melrose's house so that she can introduce us to her brother and her family member and we can have some fantastic food cooked by her brother. I don't think anyone can surpass my mother's cooking though.

   "John, you idiot why do you have to be so annoying so early in the morning? At first, it was that damn alarm clock and now you are the one to wake me up in the morning of my fantastic dream. " I groaned at him. And this fucking bastard is the one to also ruin my beauty sleep. Idiot.

        "Please, wake up. I want to meet my mate as soon as possible. Then I also had to introduce​ her to my family." he said. I know it is great to have a mate but, to meet their mate is it necessary to disturb other's peace?"John, just go away. I want to sleep a little longer. I know you are dying to meet your mate so just fucking go by yourself and I would come later on when I am fully awake." I said to him in order to shoo him away.

  "I don't wanna go, so now go by yourself instead of staring at me as if I am some kind of antique piece," I said to him and went deep down into my cover. But the bugging that John was doing to me made me want to kick his ass but I do want to know about her brother. So I get up and did my morning routine which is simply taking shower and putting on some moisturizer and clean clothes.

     John and I both said goodbye to our parents instead of greeting them and went our way toward Melrose's house. Since she is the daughter of the best tracker of our pack they are usually nearer to our house for safety purposes. It was only a ten-minute walk to her home. We were welcomed by her and her parents.

Suddenly some sweet smell of the cinnamon apple pie hit my nose making me give a low growl and I suddenly blurted "Mine" shocking everyone present in the room. Melrose's brother was my mate? He was so beautiful with brown eyes, black hair and short in height. He is so perfect and beautiful that I want to keep him in my room as the most beautiful piece in the world.

     It was like a dream to me to have such a beautiful mate. But suddenly he started crying making me confused and panicked. He remain still with tears rolling down his face and then suddenly he sprinted to his room, I am guessing his room. I was sad that my mate was afraid of his mate aka me. He was crying just by seeing me. Was I that bad? Was he that scared of me? I felt a pang of hurt in my heart.

" Ahhh, what just happened?" John asked with a completely puzzled voice.  " I don't know," Melrose answered in a completely puzzled voice. I was completely stunned and looked the way my mate ran away.

" Ashton, to be honest, what just happened? Did our mates reject us? Don't tell me that our mates rejected us? Nooooooo. Why de he reject us? De we smelly funny? Does he not like our smell? Does he not like your look? Yeah, that must be the reason, you are not handsome enough for his liking. Oh no, my mate rejected me because my human is not good looking.  You are a piece of shit, I can't have a happy life ever with you by my side. You can go and die." Dakota was hollering at me giving me another bout of headache.

    "Stop being so dramatic. You are giving me a headache, you piece of shit. It's not that I am not good looking, it's just that you might smell really weird that our mate can't even stand being near us for a few seconds. So stop acting like I am the reason our mates ran away." I hollered back at my wolf to shut up otherwise I myself don't know what I will do with him.

" Seriously though, why are we fighting among ourselves about who is at fault? Aren't we supposed to work together?" Dakota questioned.

" That's what I have been trying to do. But your dramatic ass was busy hollering and throwing the blame at me." I answered with gritted teeth.