~ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤 ~

vexation
/vɛkˈseɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
1. the state of being annoyed, frustrated, or worried

~~~~

Skylars eyes slowly opened and she came face to face with a dark skinned man. A scream erupted from her lips and she backed up. A groan then erupted from her lips whilst she clutched her head in pain.

She continued moving and backing away from the stranger until her back hit a tree, preventing her from moving any further.

She looked around her for a way out but men surrounded her from a distance, she took notice in how almost all of them were wearing a military uniform.

"Miss, please calm down." He tried calming her down but the fear inside her only increased as the only speaking human she met was Hank and that was 11 years ago.

She frantically looked for a way out but couldn't see anything causing her breathing to speed up. She looked back towards the dark skinned man to make sure he didn't get any closer than he already was.

"What's your name miss?"

"S-Skylar Paisley." Came her shaky reply.

"Paisley? You and your family went missing a few years ago, nobody knew where you went," He saw her scared face and immediately slapped himself internally for saying something so stupid. "Right... sorry, my names Mills, over there is Cole and over there is Randa- he's a scientist."

He gestured to two people and an older man in uniform waved to Skylar so she guessed that it was Cole.

"That was a nasty hit you took to your head, do you mind if I take a look?" His soothing voice called out.

After studying him for a while and seeing no ill intentions she slowly nodded her head allowing him to slowly walk over and crouch down next to her. He touches her head where she presumes the wound is and she hissed in pain but he just smiled kindly and stepped back.

"It doesn't look too bad, I think you'll be fine."

Nodding her head she looked around at the other men and caught Coles eyes.

"You was on that things shoulder wasn't you?" She gave a guilty nod of the head and defended Kong immediately.

"Yes I was, but he meant no harm, this is his home and you just came in and dropped bombs on it. You wouldn't like it if someone did it to your homes."

The girl got no reply so she decided to drop the topic and watched as Mills face went through a series of emotions and then asked a question as he settles in confusion.

"How long have you been here? We know that you went missing but that only went on the news a few years ago, and you was a kid when you disappeared."

"15 years, going on 16. I arrived on a boat with my parents but they're gone now. They died on our first day here." Skylar ignores the sympathised looks and turns towards the bush when she hears a noise.

She immediately rushed to her feet ready to fight a skull scrawler until two more men in uniform walk out. They both took turns in hugging Mills and Cole until and older dark skinned man tuned towards the woman standing with them.

"Who's this?"

"Skylar Paisley sir, she's been here for 15 years."

"Well I'm Colonel Packard and this is Reles." He held out his hand for Skylar to shake but she just gazed down at it in confusion.

"You're meant to shake it." Mills whispered. Skylar had a small flashback of her parents doing something similar with other people and grabbed his hand and shook it.