~ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟨 ~

asphyxiate
/əsˈfɪksɪeɪt/
verb
1. kill (someone) by depriving them of air

~~~~

James pulled Skylar along and held her with a tight grip as she struggled against him. She wanted to stop Kong from going to Packards men- he would die if he went there.

"Skylar. Skylar!" James stopped walking and grabbed her shoulders. "Stop trying to get to him. We're going to help him but we need to get the others first." She shook her head with tears in her eyes.

"We don't have that much time." She shrugged his hands off of her shoulders and turned to run off but a hand on her wrist stopped her.

"Skylar... he's not right in the head." She smiled at him softly.

"I know... I'll meet you there. I'll be careful- I promise." She got her answer when his hand fell from her wrist and he gave a nod of his head.

She thanked him with her eyes and turned away from him and started heading off. He watched her leave with a shake of his head.

He knew he shouldn't have let her go, she was injured and weak but he knew the only way he could stop her is by carrying her over his shoulder but that could cause more damage to her side.

He went to turn to head to the others but froze when he saw her turn back and frantically wave with her hand as a goodbye. He chuckled and waved back. James remembered the events that were currently occurring and rushed back to the others.

~~~

Skylar had finally reached the clearing whilst clutching her side in pain and panting. She immediately crouched down behind a fallen log and surveyed her surrounding. Her eyes filled with tears when she saw Kong laying on the ground unconscious and covered in burns.

She took notice on how Cole, Mills and Slivko hesitated when carrying out their orders, not knowing if they had made the right choice by following their leader.

Skylar decided enough was enough when bombs were being placed besides Kong and rushed out whilst screaming at Packard.

"Stop!" He looked over at the voice he found oh so annoying and raised his gun back up at her head.

"This isn't going to bring your men back sir! No matter what you do they will not come back alive! You'll only be killing more of them by killing Kong! He's not the bad guy here..."

"Really? Are you sure about that? Because I'm pretty sure he killed my men!" Skylar hadn't noticed on how Packard had slowly inched forwards until he reached out and pulled her into him- her back to his chest, gun to her temple and arm around her throat.

"Stop! Please!" She begged both Packard and the soldiers surrounding her but she was only ignored. "Stop hurting him!" Packard rolled his eyes and tightened his arm around her throat.

"Will you shut your damn mouth!" He looked over to his men. "Men, place your charges! It's time to show them man is king." The detonator was about to go off until more bodies ran into the clearing.

James and Mason appeared in front of the two people whilst Hank pushed his sword to the back of a soldiers throat whilst aiming a pistol at Slivko.

"Packard! Don't do it," His grace voice spoke up. "We don't want to fight you Packard." The exhaustion was clear in James voice.

"He brought us down and killed my soldiers!"

"He was just defending his territory."

"WE are soldiers! We do the dirty work so our families and our countrymen don't have to be afraid! They shouldn't even know a thing like this exists!" The grip around Skylars neck tightened even more which James took notice on when she started clawing at the arm holding her hostage.