Chapter 3 New Home

"Emily you are up first. Bryan will go second. Sweetheart we are up after Emily is done unloading the cars." My dad said.

We got into our trucks. Jasmin was still asleep. I started the truck again and parked it on the driveway, leaving enough space for the cars to be parked. This driveway was so much bigger than the one in the old house.

I opened the back of the truck. "Shhhhh Emily let your little sister sleep" I heard my dad yell behind me. "I am trying to. But this freaking old truck keeps making noise by every movement." I quietly spoke.

I stepped into the first car and parked it close to the house, the end of the driveway. The family car was second. I parked it next to mom's car. Dad's car was 3th. Bryan's 4th. And mine was last.

We cleaned all our stuff before we left. Including our cars. Wel... Our housemaids and cleaning lady's did it for us. We had the money, why not use it to be a little less stressed. I called it investment. The best kind of investment.

I closed the back of the truck, got in the front seat, fasten my seatbelt and drove the truck on the street.

As soon as I felt the drive way my mom and dad were already parked and unloading our furniture. Starting with the couch.

I got out of the truck with Jasmin in my arms. I walked into the house and put her down on the couch. The couch was the only thing in the house yet. So I went outside to help them unload further.

Once everything for the living room and the sleeping rooms was unloaded. We came to the conclusion to stop unloading, go to sleep and unload the rest tomorrow.

The next morning, I found myself wandering around the house. Looking for the bathroom. I started downstairs, making my way up. Working from the left to the right. After a couple of minutes I finally found one on my left hand.

It was directly located next to my own room. I felt so stupid when I found out it was my private bathroom. With 2 doors. One to my bedroom. And one to the hallway, which I could lock from the inside.

The bathroom was archaic. From the old fashioned bathtub to the little patterns on the walls. The old delft-blue colours reminded me of my visit in holland a couple years ago. It was beautiful. It seemed like someone really knew I was gonna love this new bathroom.

I felt rich and spoiled. But I always felt that way when my parent bought me something, normal people could hardly effort.

As I finished my bathroom routine. Brushing my hair, pouring water in my face and going to the toilet. I made my way downstairs for the leftovers.

For the rest of the day I helped in and around the house. I made sure I knew where each door led to. It was a weird habit, but it could have been worse. I helped moving the last boxes out of the trucks and called the company to pick them up.

"Emily, do you know if anybody did go to the supermarket" Raider yelled from the kitchen. Mom and dad were on a meeting, with I don't know who. They never talked about anything that had to do with the jobs they had. It began to bother me more by the week. They were gone, but no clue where they went.

My brother looked around the counter. Turning his head towards me, waiting for a respond. "Not the slightest clue."

"You never no anything." He joked at me. I shook my head in disbelieve he just found that out. "Thought I made that clear a couple years ago." That was a good combat. Damn I was good.

"There is no food in the whole house." He complained again. "Awh, so the little baby needs his little food." I smiled. I grabbed my wallet from the counter and said "I'm gonna pick up some fries, want some?" He nodded.

I walked toward the door. While I was passing the staircase I heard Jasmine playing with her toys. The cars she got for her birthday. She wasn't a girly girl. She was a tough girl. Brave and with a lot of brain. "Jasmine?" No respond. "Fries?" I continued on a seducing tone. "Fries!!" She yelled as she looked down on me. I simply nodded and left.

I did not want to take my car. Besides walking in the fresh air was something I didn't got to do a lot.

Walking my way around the corner, I bumped into someone. I quickly  apologized. And moved on.

It felt so weird. Like I bumped into stone. Bah. I hated those so called fit guys. I preferred to call them over-exercised and unhealthy.