Chapter 27

"What the hell man!?" Harry yelled as he spit out blood onto the floor.

Peter jumped up off the floor and crossed the room towards Harry.

"Wait, wait," Harry cautioned, "stay right there." Peter smiled, watching Harry attempt to hide that his eyes were flashing green.

Harry looked at the flashing light on his wrist, indicating that he was injured. It had already detected the cinder block injury and was slowly healing him. Just as he looked up from the device, Peter punched him in the face.

"What the fuck are you doing!? I'm not giving you the knife."

Peter shook his head, "I'm trying to make you angry."

"I'm not going to fight you," Harry said as he held his jaw.

"You won't. I'm betting I know who will."

It dawned on Harry what Peter was doing.

"Peter, no. You can't. I will kill you," Harry warned as he backed away against the wall, instantly tense as he was trying to keep the goblin in, "you don't realize how angry it is with you."

"I know. And I'm sorry, Har," he said as he landed another punch on his face, "but, I'm not letting Eddie do it."

Peter watched his friend hunch over and hold his face in his hands, breathing rapidly. Harry wouldn't fight back against Peter himself, so the goblin was trying to take over.

"Please...get away from me, I don't want to hurt you," he growled. The goblin was winning; Peter could see the bright green color through Harry's fingers. "Don't make me do this Peter, please!"

He hated doing this, but there was no other choice. He brought his leg back and kicked him in the ribs as hard as he could, considering the condition he was in. Harry gasped and held his chest, his breathing intensifying.

Suddenly, Harry went quiet. Peter froze, "Har?" he called out, stepping closer.

Laughter filled the room. Harry lifted his head, his face contorted in a devious grin, eyes blazing green.

"You really shouldn't have done that," the goblin said through his teeth.

He smiled inwardly; he had won. The goblin was out, and there would be no stopping him this time.

The goblin leapt at him and slammed his head against the floor.

The demonic cackle the goblin let out made Peter's hair stand on end. "You did me a favor, destroying that little cure you cooked up," the goblin said before throwing a hard punch at Peter's face.

"Glad I could be of service," Peter joked before he was punched in the face a second time. His nose was broken. Again.

The goblin jumped off him and brought his foot down onto Peter's chest, laughing as he heard several of his ribs crack.

Peter was lifted off the floor by his collar. The goblin punched him over and over again. He threw him into the wall.

"Fight back!" the goblin roared at him.

Peter put a hand on his stomach. He definitely thought something was punctured. He'd had broken ribs before, but this pain was so intense he couldn't even describe it.

He looked up and was greeted by a kick to his face. His nose was steadily streaming blood now.

"I said... FIGHT BACK!

"Why? Are- are we not having fun y-yet?" Peter asked.

The goblin shook his head back and forth, laughing, "you are truly something else. We could have taken over this city, you and me. You should have taken that offer when you had the chance."