VI

... Day 2

You shifted on your sleep and open your eyes slowly when the sun light shines through the window right to your face. You turned around and find Caleb was gone already. You snuggled closer to the empty space beside you and a bitter smile flashed across your face after you smell his scent.

You stayed in the same position before you slowly got up from the bed. You combed your messy hair with your fingers while staring at your reflection on the mirror.
You just realized how thin you are. You looked awful, unhealthy.

"Caleb ..?" You whispered his name softly as you opened the door but then you immediately hide behind the door when you saw him. He was talking with someone through the phone while smiling.

A small smile appeared on your face when you saw his smile. "Keep smiling like that .. Even when I'm no longer with you .." You whispered softly, "Please keep that beautiful smile of yours .."

"Yas yas don't worry baby. I promise I'll be home soon." Your heart clenched when you heard Victoria's name. "Aalright, I love you the most." Again​, his word stabbed your heart.

You took a deep breath before you stepped outside the bedroom. At that time, Caleb already put his phone back to his pocket. He shifted his gentle eyes on you and both you just stared at each other's eyes for a few second.

That unreadable eyes again ..

You thought inside your mind before broke the eye contact. With an awkward cough, you walk passed him towards the kitchen to get some water.
You knew that Caleb was following you behind but you tried to ignore him.

With a shaky hands, you pour the water to a glass. You immediately gulped the water and sighed in relief when the fresh water filled your dry stomach.

"Hannah."

He called you, but you ignored him.

Then he called you again.

"Hmm?" You answered while your back still facing him and you eyes still on the glass you were holding.

You almost drop the glass when his warm hands grabbed you wrist all of sudden. You turned to face him, about to pull your hands away before his smile melts your heart. "Follow me." He said as he dragged you to the living room.

As soon as you arrived at the living room, you sat down on the sofa. Caleb sat beside you and put a white box on your lap. You stared at the box and him back and forth with a questioning look.

"Open it." He smiled.

Slowly your hands made its way to the box to open the box slowly. A cute kitten suddenly popped its head out of the box and he move his claw around. You couldn't help but smile widely. You always love kitten and Caleb knows that.

"..Caleb." You whispered with a happy face while poking the kitten's head softly. He stared at your happy face and he smiled. "Take a good care of him for me." Caleb caresses the back of your head softly.

You nodded. At least he still remember about what I like.

"Anyway.. I think we should go home tomorrow." Caleb suddenly said and your heart sank in disappointment. You still want to spend your times alone with him.

"...Why?" You asked quietly.

"Victoria wants me to accompany her to choose our wed-" Caleb paused when he almost said the wedding  word.

It's too late tho.

You lowered your face while forcing a smile. "Oh yea, I could see that.."

Caleb felt guilty after he saw your face. "Han-" 

"Can I come with you guys tomorrow?" You felt stupid for asking such a question.  He paused for a moment with a frown on his forehead. "Can I?" You asked again.

"...Are you sure?"

You nodded.

"Well.." He shrugs before he nodded.

Before he could say anything, you got up with the kitten around your arms and walked back to the bedroom. You closed the door and locked it before you slid down to the floor.

"Strange.."

You laughed sarcastically at yourself. There were tears on your cheeks but you couldn't feel anything anymore. You were hurt but you no longer feel the pain. Is it because you don't love him anymore? Or maybe, it's because you've had too much pain to feel another pain?

Caleb kept on knocking the door while calling your name but you ignored him.

"Huhh.." You sighed.

You put the kitten on the floor before hugged your knees trying to find the missing warmth that left your body.

"I'm starting to enjoy this pain.."

***