Chapter 4 - War

Chapter 4 - War

Hinata POV

I stood alongside Kakashi, Obito, and Rin, Minato had called a village meeting and we were standing behind Minato as he stood in front of the entire village.

"I've called this emergency village meeting because I've gotten a declaration of war, our village will be fighting Iwagakure. All Chuunin and Jounin must prepare, most will go to the front lines, but some will stay here to protect the village from being attacked, that's all." Gasps were heard among the crowd, my eyes widened, I'm going to war... I'm a Jounin, hopefully Minato will place me to protect the village.

The villagers rushed home to prepare, Minato turned to us with a solemn look. "Kakashi, you will stay in that village, you will be sent on missions to protect our allies, but otherwise you'll stay in the village. Hinata, because you are a Jounin, I'm sending you to the front lines... I'm sorry, we need the strongest to go. You're to depart in two days." I felt like I had been hit with a ton of bricks, 'The front lines? I-I'm going to die...?'

Obito, Rin, and Kakashi stared wide eyed at me, but I didn't look back, I was too in shock to process what anyone was saying. 'I'm going to die...' I turned and walked away, I felt someone grab my wrist, I looked back and saw Rin gripping my wrist with tears in her eyes. "Hi-Hinata, don't go! I'm sure Minato-sensei will change his mind!" I shook my head and pulled Rin in for a hug, "It's ok, Rin. I'm going to protect the village, if I die, I'll die with honor." I hugged Rin tightly, with a small smile on my face. I let go of her, and plastered a big smile on my face for her, "I won't let myself die that easily, and hey, I have two days. Let's spend those days together!" Rin nodded and gave a small smile. I turned to the boys, the brave smile still on my face, "Let's go do something, I'm getting hungry anyways." The two nodded slowly and we all walked towards the barbecue restaurant team 10 always eats at.

__________________________

In the present...

Obito Uchiha stood in front of the five Kage, his head pounding, but it was something he could take. "I, Madara Uchiha, declare war on the five great nations." The Kage gaped at the masked man, "I must go make preparations, later." With that, Obito used his Mangekyo Sharingan to disappear in a swirling void.

Obito fell to his knees once he was in the hideout, who is this girl who was suddenly appearing in his memories? Hinata Hyuga...That's her name...

Why did his heart speed up when he thought of her face? Why was he thinking less and less of his feelings for Rin? What in the name of Kami was this girl doing to him?

The pounding in his head became too much, he passed out from pain, dreaming of Hinata.

In Konoha

Kakashi woke up his headache mainly subsided, only a dull ache remained. He figured that he was going crazy, and he would go to see Sakura once he ate.

Kakashi got up off the couch and walked into his kitchen, he grabbed an apple and was about to pull his mask off when a knock came from his door. Kakashi opened the door and opened it, he was met with a smirking Genma, "Yo Kakashi, Im supposed to tell all of the Jounin, Tsunade woke up."

__________________________

Kakashi burst into Tsunade's temporary office and found her stuffing food into her mouth, Kakashi sweatdropped and coughed, successfully catching Tsunade's attention. "Kukushe! Whath do I owe ze pleathure?" Kakashi grimaced at Tsunade's full mouth, but began talking nonetheless.

"Tsunade-sama I think I'm going crazy. I've been getting visions of Hinata Hyuga in my memories from childhood, please help." Tsunade swallowed the food and called an ANBU, "Rabbit, summon Yamanaka Inoichi." The ANBU nodded and disappeared. Soon, Inoichi walked into the room and bowed, "You summoned me, Tsunade-sama?" Tsunade nodded and looked to Kakashi, "I need you to take a look in Kakashi's head, go to his memories and tell me if you see the Hyuga Heiress." Inoichi gave a confused look to Tsunade, but told Kakashi to kneel anyways.

Inoichi placed his palm on Kakashi's forehead and closed his eyes. When Inoichi opened his eyes he saw Kakashi's brain, Inoichi placed his hands in front of himself and began looking through Kakashi's memories.

He did, infact, find Hinata appearing in childhood memories. Inoichi became confused, he watched memories of when the Third Great Ninja War started and Hinata was about to go on the front lines. Inoichi stared in confusion as he watched Hinata randomly appearing in the images Kakashi's brain was producing.

Inoichi opened his eyes and took his hand off Kakashi's forehead and turned to Tsunade, "I looked into his childhood memories and Hinata Hyuga is appearing in them. I have no idea why, but at this moment Hinata is about to go to the front lines of the Third Great Shinobi War. I don't know how or why she's in his memories, he might be hallucinating, but she also may have traveled through time somehow."

Tsunade's eyes widened, "How would she be able to do it? I thought she had d-d- passed away." Inoichi shrugged just as confused as his Hokage, "ANBU." Rabbit appeared in front of Tsunade and bowed, "Summon Nara Shikaku." The ANBU bowed once more and body flickered away.

__________________________

In the Past

The four Konoha shinobi sat across from each other, Kakashi and Hinata sat across from Obito and Rin. Hinata was smiling and laughing along with Obito and Rin, but on the inside she was having an internal war, 'Going to the front lines? Kami... I'm not strong enough...' Hinata shook the negative thought out of her head and tried to think positive, that she would make it back for these three.

"Hinata, let's head back. I'll help you prepare." Hinata looked at Kakashi and nodded, she looked back at the other two and smiled, "I'll see you two tomorrow, ja ne!" Kakashi and Hinata walked back to the Hatake compound in a comfortable silence.

Kakashi unlocked the door and held it open for Hinata to walk in, she muttered a small "Thank you," and hurried in, Kakashi followed behind her with a small smile behind his mask. Hinata walked into the kitchen and got a glass, she filled it up with water and took a sip. Once she set the glass down Hinata was spun around and pulled into a bone crushing hug, her eyes widened once she found herself pressed against Kakashi's chest. A dark blush danced across her cheeks, "Kakas-"

"Just... Just stay like this, just for a minute..." Hinata nodded and her blush darkened when Kakashi placed his chin on top of her head, and his arms tightened around her. Hinata's eyelids dropped slowly as Kakashi's body heat radiated onto her skin, she slowly dozed off the sound of Kakashi's steady heartbeat.

Hinata would've fallen if not for Kakashi's tight grip on her, he pulled her up to hold her bridal style and walked into the room she was staying in, lying her on the bed, Kakashi put a blanket over her and pressed his clothed lips to her forehead. Kakashi knew he was falling for her, and he wanted to stop it, but he couldn't help but love everything about her.

TBC

A/N: So in going to start taking a poll for either Kakahina or Obitohina, vote!

"Speaking" Others

"Speaking" Hinata

Ja ne!