Deck Of Cards

FOUR DAYS LATER....

Back home

Monica

I grabbed my luggage and headed out of the airport. We had just touched down in Texas and I couldn't be happier.

I spent two weeks with people I strongly dislike. I'm surprised I managed to make it.

"Dorian shouldn't you and Morg be catching a plane back to Chicago?" I asked curiously pulling my luggage.

"We're gonna stay a couple more days. The Fourth of July is in a couple days. Why not celebrate with family." She answered.

"Oh." I said mentally rolling my eyes.

I made it to my Tahoe and opened the trunk putting my luggage in as Queen put hers in as well.

"Aye Q." King called her over.

I watched as they were all huddled in a circle. King was talking but I couldn't make out what he was saying. They were problem chatting it up about me.

"Mama. Can you start the truck. It's hot." Miracle said out the window.

"Go with your daddy." I told her.

"But mama! I don't like Rosetta."

"Come on Miracle. You need to spend more time with him."

Truth is when I get home I'm setting Queen straight and if things get ugly I don't want Miracle being a witness to the crime.

"Ma!" She complained.

"I'll pick you back up tomorrow."

She slowly got out the truck. I pulled her into a hug.

"Do this for me."

"Okay." She said rolling her eyes. I kissed her forehead.

"I love youuu." I blew her kisses.

"Love you too." She got inside the car with King.

Queen came back and got inside the passenger seat.

"Ready?" I asked putting my seatbelt on.

"Yup." She said placing hers on as well.

I put the truck in reverse pulling out the airport parking garage and zoomed off onto the busy interstate. I switched lanes rushing to get home. Just looking at Queen made me so angry.

"I had fun on the trip. Didn't you?"

"Mhm." I said tightening my grip on the steering wheel.

"Oooo before the summer's over we should go to Dubai."

"I don't think we're gonna be taking anymore trips for awhile." After I said that it was silence until I pulled into the driveway.

"Home sweet home!" Queen yelled spinning in circles.

She grabbed her suitcase out the trunk and I did as well. I unlocked the front door entering the dark house that I call mine.

"I loved that cruise but I also love this house." Queen said grabbing some water.

I decided to get straight to the point.

"You know how I raised you every since you were six?"

"Mhm. How could I forget?"

"I think you did forget. You switched to the other side Q."

She put her water bottle down and looked at me confused.