.chapter twenty-seven.

"Take some of my men."

"They are your men, Robb," Rhaella adjusted the girth on her saddle, her ice blue eyes scanning the area for any eavesdroppers. "I can not take your men, you need them."

"I do not trust those men," he glanced over toward the Lannister men all saddling up their horses.

"Neither do I," she smiled sweetly, "but they are to protect me on Tywin's orders, I dare not think what would happen if they defy him."

He turned back to her, "Take at least one. One Stark man is worth more than ten Lannister men."

Her smile grew as she stared at her intended, "I do not dare disagree, but, it would look suspicious if one of your men were to accompany after a night of camping here. Word would get back to the Lannisters."

"And what about when you return?"

"Mmm, I did not think that far ahead." Rhaella allowed the stirrup to fall, "I have thought it through, we can kill them all."

Robb Stark closed his eyes, a smile twisted his lips as he shook his head at her. She reached out a hand to touch his face, a smile curving her own lips. She watched as his eyes fluttered open to reveal his bright blue orbs that had always been filled with nothing but admiration for her.

"I will go now," she pulled back her hand and turned away from him. Carefully, she stuck her leg in the stirrup and tried to climb into the saddle.

"Need help?" She could hear him struggling with keeping his laughter at bay.

As much as she wanted to say no, especially when he was laughing at her failed attempt, she could no longer prolong the journey.

"Yes," she replied softly, her face flushed a faint red. "If you could be so kind?"

Rhaella turned back toward her horse, waiting to feel his hands around her waist. She had turned her head to see what was taking him so long when she felt his hands rest on her hips.

"Ready?" He whispered into her ear, his warm breath tickling her throat.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath to steady her beating heart, "Yes," she said breathlessly as she reopened her eyes and reached out for her horse.

"Promise me you will return," he was ceasing his moment. "Promise me you will keep your word."

"I promise," she turned her head to say.

Robb pressed a quick kiss to the back of her head, his eyes searching their surroundings to ensure no one saw. For now they would keep quiet about their intentions.

Rhaella placed her foot in the stirrup and with his help, she was up in the saddle in a matter of seconds. She gathered the reins in one hand and looked down at Robb, "Until we meet again, Stark."

Robb smiled up at her, "Until we meet again," he repeated back to her. He patted her stallion's rump before taking a step back to allow her space.

Rhaella rode over toward the men that accompanied her just as they started to mount up.

"Ready, your grace?"

"I am in no mood for your sarcasm today, Nic," she said as she took up the lead beside him.

"You and I both know what your intentions are, might as well stop beating around the bush."

"My intentions?" She looked over at him, her brows furrowing together.

"Targaryen? Didn't think I would hear that bit, did ya? I always did wonder what happened to the youngest one."

"It all makes sense now," he grinned.

"What does?"

Nic only looked at her, his black eyes reflecting mischief. Rhaella narrowed her eyes at him.

________________________

Not my best, but I do like this much better. I think I may also be changing the storyline as well.