Chapter 4 - The gift he has left

Eros' POV

"What?! How? How did they find where I was? I was very careful. George has even reserved my suite."

"I do not know how they found you. But you are in all magazines in Greece. You were making out in front of the back door of the nightclub. There were photos, too."

"Fuck!" I hissed.

"Maybe that girl did it."

I looked at Anna who was sleeping peacefully. Could she do it? But she did not know about me. I lied to her.

"No, I do not think so."

"Eros, how long do you know her? A night or two nights? You are a famous singer. If she does not know about it, maybe she knows about your family. You are the heir of the most powerful and wealthy family in the world. Do not forget it. You have to be more careful. Maybe she is a journalist."

"No, she..." I did not finish my sentence.

"OK. You should come back immediately. It is not good for your new album. We should do something."

"Ok. I am going to come back in a few days."

"No, Eros. You should come back as soon as possible. Your jet is ready in New York."

I sighed. "Ok." I hung up my phone.

I looked at the magazines on the Internet. There were my photos with Anna while I was kissing her on the hood of my car. But they had taken our photos faraway. Anna's face wasn't seen in the photos. Only mine.

'The famous singer's luxurious make out.'

'The heir's mysterious brunette.'

Damn it!

I placed my phone on the bedside table back. Then I put on my clothes.

I leaned my elbows against the table, staring at her

A few minutes later, she opened her eyes and rubbed her eyes.

"Good morning." She said, smiling at me.

"Good morning." I murmured.

She sat up on the bed, wrapping the cover around her.

"Are you fine?" She asked, worried. I nodded.

She got up and walked closer to me. She kissed my lips and went to the bathroom.

I went to the living room and poured whiskey for myself. I was sipping my drink while watching the view.

Anna wrapped her arms around me from back.

"Is it not early for alcohol? What happened?"

I walked away. "Nothing. I have to work." I said without looking into her eyes.

"OK. I am going." She took her bag and kissed my lips.

"Bye."

When she wanted to pull back, I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me and kissed her lips passionately.

I pulled back and said. "Bye, Anna."

She smiled and left. I took my phone and called George.

"Get ready. We are leaving now." I snapped and hung up my phone without waiting for his answer.

I started to pack my suitcase.

The jet landed in Athens. There were a lot of paparazzi at the airport.

"Is she your new girlfriend?"

"Did you break up with Alexia?"

"How long are you together?"

I got in my car without saying anything.

Anna's POV

"What happened? You are lost in thoughts." Elsa asked.

"I was thinking about Emmett. He did not call me. I called him a few times, but his phone was turned off."

I had not heard anything about him since yesterday.

"I am worried." I admitted. "I am going to his hotel." I stood up and took my bag.

I knocked on the door, but nobody was here. I went to the reception desk.

"Hello. Do you know where is Emmett? Room 121."

"Just a minute, please."

"There is nobody named Emmett in our hotel, Miss. Room 121 had been reserved by Mr. George Marinos. And he checked out yesterday. Do you know his surname?"

I was shocked. He was gone? Why did he not tell me anything? And his surname? I did not even ask his surname. Stupid Anna!

"I...don't know his surname." I mumbled. "Thank you." I murmured and went away.

I could not think straight. I felt dizzy. I went out and got in my car. My eyes filled with tears. He was gone without telling me anything. He was gone. I repeated this sentence in my head while crying.

One month later

Anna's POV

I was laying on the bed in my bedroom. I did not feel well. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

I sat up. Elsa walked in and closed the door behind her.

"Hi."

"Hi." She came and sat beside me. "How are you, dear?" She asked, concerned.

"Fine." I murmured.

"Anna, you are not fine. I know. You just go to the company and come back home. I miss my best friend. Forget that idiot!" She said, placing her hand on top of my hand.

Suddenly, a wave of nausea hit me. I rushed to the bathroom, covering my mouth with my hand. Elsa followed me. She was rubbing my back while I was vomiting.

After throwing up, I washed my face. When I looked at myself in the mirror, my face was pale. I had been vomiting for the last two weeks. It occurred to me about something that made me scared.

"How long will you delay it? It will not change the result. You know?! You have to take a pregnancy test."

I was suspicious. Nausea, dizziness. And I was late too. I had all pregnancy symptoms, but I was afraid of taking a test.

"I am scared, Elsa. What if I am? What will I do? And all these symptoms....."

I couldn't hold my tears. She hugged me.

"Shhh, okay. Do not cry."

I pulled back, wiping my tears off my cheeks with my hand.

"Come."

We went back. She pulled something out of her bag and handed me. It was a pregnancy test. I took it, staring at the pregnancy test. I breathed deeply and went to the bathroom. I opened the box. My hands were trembling.

Time did not pass. I was waiting nervously.

I took the stick with my shaking hands. I breathed deeply and looked at the test.

Two lines.

I was pregnant. I placed my hand on my stomach. My eyes filled with tears.

"Anna?" Elsa called me.

I took the stick and walked out. She looked at me with questioning eyes.

"Positive." I murmured.