New arrival || chapter 2

The journey was longer than I thought, but in all honesty I was drowned in my thoughts, I was overwhelmed with what had happened.

"You will be sentenced to 5 years in fox river, a level 1 maximum security facility in Illinois"

These words played over and over again in my mind, I knew there was nothing I could do to change what had happened but those words would haunt me for the rest of my life.

-- 2 hours later

The van pulled up and the sudden stop jolted me awake. I looked outside the window and all That welcomed me was the prison which I will be spending my next years in, day in and day out.
The 3 guards who were instructed to accompany me, dragged me out of the van making me trip.

"Get your fat ass up here now peters"
How welcoming, is all I could think to myself.

Either side of me we're fences, littered with greedy eyes staring me up and down making me feel completely defenceless and vulnerable.

I waked forward with my head down and mouth shut, exactly how my dad taught me to.
As we approached the entrance an old man stood there, he had a warm, inviting presence on him which some how settled me.
"This way peters"
I just gave a simple nod.
Just before I started walking I turned back and my eyes met the most gorgeous, piercing blue orbs I had ever seen, he didn't look like the rest of these animals.

He Almost seemed like he didn't belong here, like.. me

"Today, peters"

This shook me from my trance, but it couldn't shake the feelings I got when I saw him, mystery man.
--
I followed the man who I now know as warden, pope. He led me into his office where he told me to wait outside.
I sat down and began contemplating everything that had happened, or why it happened.
"He's ready for you, Miss Emily Peters"
I realised the secretary was talking to me, I just stood up, brushed myself down and entered his office taking a deep breathe.

"Come,sit" he said almost as a demand.

I sat down and there was a moment of awkward silence, until he broke the ice.
"I've never seen this case happen before, ever"

"What do you mean?" I was confused as to what he meant,
"A female inmate in an all male prison" he stated with a slight tinge of sympathy.
At this point I was so unsure of how to react, so I just blatantly ignored him.
I felt bad for him but on the other hand I'm terrified for my life.

"As the only female you will get a few privileges, you will get your own shower time and the doctor Sara Tancredi will accompany you, you will also have your own separate yard time for the first week so you will have a chance to settle in."

He began to explain,

"However, due to an overload of inmates and a shortage of cells you won't receive an individual cell but we have carefully chosen a cell with 2 inmates which have no prior harmful convictions so they should be fine."

I was speechless, I wasn't even sure if he was joking.

I was going to have to get changed and use the toilet in front of two men I had never met who might possibly kill me.

---

Hey guys, sorry it took a while for me to update I have been very busy:) I hope you enjoy this chapter and I've already begun to write the next chapter! Please comment and requests or tips for my future chapters <3 <3 <3 xx