White sheet || chapter 4

I kept tossing and turning throughout the whole night, the same thought kept running through my mind over and over again, why was this happening to me?

But then it hit me.
What if I wasn't the only innocent one here? I judged all these men as animals and categorised them all as criminals instead of humans. What if they're like me?

-I drifted off to sleep eventually, worn out after a long first day-

- In the morning -

"GET YOUR ASSES UP INMATES"
The welcoming sound of Bellicks voice screaming woke me up, already starting the day off bad. Great is all I thought to myself.

I rubbed my eyes taking in everything thats happened until a voice shakes me from my thoughts,
"The first nights always the worst."
I realised it was Michael so I just gave a small smile

"I hope.." was all I could say before my thoughts wondered again.

I was still exhausted but I forced myself to wake up, I wasn't going to make myself any more vulnerable than I already am.

As I turned around all that faced me was a white sheet, being securely hung from the cell, my mind instantaneously flashed back to memories I only wish were demolished the same time my dignity was...
I panicked and began hyperventilating, I mean we all know what a white sheet means, especially in prison!

But I thought I knew Michael and sucre better, they promised they wouldn't hurt me.

That's what I get for trusting anyone inside these walls.

My feet dragged me back and I ended up curled in the corner of the cell, shivering and tense like a lost puppy. I must have looked childish and weak but I couldn't control myself.

My eyes flickered up for a second and caught a glimpse of sucres eyes, he looked at Michael with confusion written all over his face. Michael returned the look, but only until he quickly realised what was happening.

"It's ok Em, were not going to hurt you, we just wanted to give you a bit of privacy so you could get changed without being smothered with greedy eyes."
Michael began getting angrier as he spoke as if he really, truly cared about me and my wellbeing.

His nickname that he gave me made me smile, but only to myself, I was sure to keep that secret.

I felt my cheeks brighten up in embarrassment as I looked to the bed and saw a fresh pile of clothes for me.
"So you weren't planning on..."
My voice tailed off as I hinted towards the sheet and then looking at the floor in shame.

-Michaels POV-

All I could see was a clearly damaged, hurt young woman sitting in front of me visibly shaken by something I had just done. The guilt was beginning to overrun me.

But I also couldn't ignore the fact that she is the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, her bright blue eyes matched mine and her blonde hair flowed ever so elegantly.

I realised she had asked me a question, I snapped out of my daze.
"No, I would never endanger you Emily, trust me"
I began to wonder why she'd  ever trust me she doesn't even know me?

But I hoped one day she would, because I'm beginning to like her, maybe more than I should but she was absolutely gorgeous!

Wait, what was I doing! I had a plan to get my brother out of this prison which I need to stick too, the only difference now being the tough decision of do I bring Emily with?....

--

Thank you so much for 130 reads!! You have made me a much more confident writer and I have really enjoyed writing his story! I have so many more ideas and plans for Emily and Michael which I can't wait to share with you!!

Please vote and comment any improvements for me, I reply to all comments, thank you so much I love you all xx