Chapter 23: At Long Last

Ziggy lunged toward me, his mouth crashing against mine with a desperate fervor. I held his face while his hands ran down my back, pulling me closer the lower they went.

Our breaths became labored, our hands hungry as we pulled each other closer. I wanted him more than I had wanted anyone else. I needed to know he was real—that this was real.

I reached down and pulled up on his shirt. He broke our kiss just long enough to remove it over his head. With my lips on his, I fumbled with his belt, then button, then fly.

His hands ripped up the bottom of my dress, and with barely a struggle against the tight material, pulled it up and off my body. My hair ruffled into my face. He brushed it away to kiss me again.

We stumbled back a few steps on our way to the bed. Impatiently, he lifted me from my feet and carried me the rest of the way. He leaned a knee onto the edge and dropped me onto the plush sheets. For all the times we came so close, for all the times we crossed the line in every way but this . . . My heart fluttered nervously in my chest.

He sat up, his hands sliding down my sides as he did. His fingers dug into the sink of my tattooed thigh and then looped into the sides of my panties. As he dragged the final layer off my legs, my heartbeat pounded.

Naked and raw, I felt insecure under his gaze. I was nothing compared to the models he saw every day or any of the women in the photographs hanging on his walls, but still, he stared as if he were in awe.

With that same breathless look, his thumbs slipped into the side of his pants and pulled down. After finally seeing what I had imagined for months, I was now the one in awe. He came back to me and I wrapped my arms around him.

His body against mine, skin against skin, nothing else mattered. We were kisses, tongues, touching every inch that we hadn't been able to before. My neck, my breasts, the sensitive skin of my inner thighs. As his hips settled between them, I felt his fingers slide against me, I moaned against his lips. Teasing me, learning which touch drove me crazy, the fire burning inside me got hotter with every second.

I gasped when his fingers found the perfect spot inside me. My hands were on his cheeks, I had every intention to kiss him, but I couldn't manage between my moaning. My legs shook, the heat spreading to my brain in a rush.

The orgasm hit me hard and fast. My head fell back, my thighs clenched together around his hand as I grabbed it with mine. He kissed me, drinking in my cries of pleasure. 

I broke the kiss and stared at him in reverie. He moved quickly to the side table and opened the top drawer. I heard the rip of a foil packet and tried to calm my quickened breath.

He came back over to me, taking his place between my thighs once more.

I stared down, watching as he aligned his hips with mine. My head fell back when I felt him begin to push inside me.

The feeling was overwhelming. Already high from what I felt before, my body sang with every move he made inside me. The culmination of all the times I had to keep him at arm's length, all the times I couldn't say what I felt—all the times I couldn't figure out what I felt. This was what I wanted. This freedom, this connection . . . I wanted him without the rules, without the fear, and without the shadow of misery.

Lost in pure bliss, I felt his breath tickle against my throat when he cursed.

I moaned when his movements became harder, faster, my body moved beneath him with every crash. As I drowned in the ecstasy, everything washed away. For a few moments, there was no pain, no loss, no regret. It was just us.

He moved to stare into my eyes, and in them, I saw the reflection of what I was feeling. As his brow furrowed with ecstasy, mine so did mine. My eyes rolled back when the feeling overtook me again.

His moan made the pleasure wash over me again. His hips jerked, his muscles shivered under my palms. As the feeling overtook him, he laid atop me, his thighs moving mine higher while his movements tapered to a stop. The overwhelming pleasure settled into a satisfying, yet breathless, warmth.

I stroked my hands over his body as his breath slowed against my neck. The ridges of the muscles at either side of his spine, the small sway of his lower back. His chest pressed against mine with every inhale, a quiet sigh left his lips with every exhale.

Only then did it feel real. That happened. That really happened.

He lifted his head to look down at me. A smile spread slowly across his face as he leaned down and kissed me, his hand sliding against my cheek. We lingered there, reveling together in the warm glow.

When the kiss ended, he slipped from me and rolled to his back. I sighed with content and turned onto my side to hide my smile. He moved around for a few moments, then pressed himself against my back and covered us with the comforter. That was so much more than I expected and everything I wanted.

He wrapped his arm around my middle and placed soft, slow kisses on my shoulder and neck. "You were wrong," I said drowsily. "I still remember my name."

He chuckled to himself. "Oh yeah?"

I began to drift off. "Yeah," I said. "It's Sabrina." I fell asleep to the sound of his laughter.