2.0 《surprises》

Monday, August 22nd 2016
×××××

Today is the day! I finally get to see Alex again. I really hope this plan works out.

It's 5pm and my flight leaves at 6.

I grab my luggage and go to my Uber because my car and the rest of my stuff is being sent over to California.

"Hi, Hailey? You are going to the Airport, right?" The nice woman asks.

"That's me!" I say with a smile after hoping into the car.

"So, why are you going to the Airport?" She asks as she starts driving.

"I'm moving to California to be closer to my best friends." I explain, smiling at the thought of seeing Alex again. She nods. After that, we just sit in a comfortable silence.

I wonder how he is going to react, will he be mad? Nah, Alex is never angry, especially with me. He only seems angry in the vlogs because that's just his character.

Alex seems tough on the outside, but he is the biggest softie. It's really cute.

Wait, what?

A few minutes later, we arrive at the Airport. Before I get out of the car, she stops me.

"Just wondering, are you Hailey Williams from YouTube?" She asks.

"Yup!" I exclaim.

"My daughter, Grace, is a huge fan, could you sign this piece of paper? It would mean the world to her." She tells me. I grab the marker and pen to sign it.

"Of course! Tell Grace I said Hi! Have a great day!" I say with a big smile.

"You too!" She exclaims before I shut the car door.

I vlog through the Airport, trying to get as much footage as possible.

On my way I get stopped by a few more fans before arriving at my gate. We are boarding in 10 minutes.

I quickly pull out my phone and text David.

Hailey
At my gate, see you in a few hours 😀
Sent at 5:45 pm

I tuck my phone back into my pocket, put my camera into my backpack, and get in the line to board.

Have I mentioned I am excited?

××

So, according to Liza's text message, Alex and David are stuck in the middle of no where. Great.

Right now, I am walking out of the Airport, greeted by a giant wave of heat. It's so hot here!

I wait with my luggage, trying to get a hold of David through text message. If they are in the middle of no where, I guess they don't have WiFi or service.

Suddenly, Liza pulls up in her car. I wave to her. She jumps out of the car, after parking it, and runs to me for a hug.

"AHH I MISSED YOU!" She shouts. Luckily, it's pretty late here and nobody is around us.

"I MISSED YOU TOO!" I scream in excitement.

She picks up my other bag and puts it in the trunk of the car. I sit in the passenger seat, eager to see if she knows anything about where Alex and David are.

She gets in the drivers seat. "Are David and Alex alright? What happened to them?" I ask.

"Apparently, they were going to film some bit for the vlog and the car got stuck in the sand. That's all I got before the call disconnected." She explains.