9.0 《first date》

October 5, 2016
×××
I'm honestly so happy that I have my best friend back. Alex is talking me on a date tonight and I couldn't be happier.

I'm going to drop my song, based on the drama that has been going on, but instead of making it a slow song I changed it to a faster song.

And it has a while new meaning, the song wasn't/isn't about Alex. It's about the haters and rude people in my life. Like Corinna.

Lizzie and Jake have been hanging out lately and to be completely honest, I ship it. They aren't dating... yet. I mean, I personally don't like the around 2 year age gap, but she is happy. I can't take that away from her.

Right now, I am listening to music and getting ready for the date. I'm not sure what to wear, so I text Alex.

×
Hailey: Where are we going? I don't know what to wear 😂
5:47pm

Alex: Just wear something nice, but not fancy.
5:48pm

Hailey: Real descriptive, Alex. 😂Alright, see you tonight! ❤
5:48pm

Alex: ❤
5:49pm
×

After less than hour of getting ready, I'm done. He's picking me up at 7pm and it's 6:30pm right now. I guess I just have to wait now.

A few minutes later, Lizzie walks through the door. She's back from hanging out with Jake, again.

"Hey, Hailey! Why are you so dressed up?" Lizzie asks, walking into the living room.

"I'm going on my first date with Alex tonight! I'm just so excited." I gush.

"I'm so happy for you!" She exclaims and then sighs.

"What's wrong, boo?" I ask, calling her the nickname I gave her when we were kids.

"I think I like Jake, but I bet he doesn't like me back." She says, jumping into the couch across from me.

"Are you kidding? He adores you! You need to tell him how you feel. And who knows, maybe Alex and I, Liza and David, and you two could have a triple date." I laugh.

"You are totally right! I'm going to tell him tomorrow." She exclaims, whipping her phone out to text him.

"YAY! JIZZIE WILL RISE!" I jump up and shout.

×
Alex POV:

I am getting ready for Hailey and I's date tonight, and I'm super nervous. I haven't told anyone that we are going on a date because I don't want David to vlog it yet.

A knock at my door interrupts my thoughts. "It's open." I yell so whoever it is can hear me.

"Hey, Alex. Where are you going?" David curiously asks.

"No where." I say defensively.

"Jeez, alright don't tell me." He sighs, sitting on Dom's bed.

"Ok, will you promise not to tell the vlog or anybody?" I ask. I really need to tell somebody. He hands me his camera and I turn it off.

"I'm going on my first date with Hailey today and I'm super nervous. What if I screw it up again?" I sigh, sitting on my bed, across from David.

"Just be yourself and be a gentlemen. You've known Hailey for basically your whole life." David trys to boost my confidence.

"You are absolutely right." I say, suddenly getting a lot of courage.

"Will you help me with a bit later tonight?" David asks, changing the subject. I check my phone for the time 6:58pm.

"Sure. I should be back by 9. I got to go." I tell him, getting up and grabbing my stuff.

"Okay, good luck!" He shouts before I walk out the door. I laugh and walk to Hailey's apartment.
××
Back to Hailey's POV:

I hear a knock at the door and Lizzie gets up, runs to the door, and answers it before I can.

"Hey, Alex!" Lizzie says, opening the door.

"Okay, Lizzie, that's enough." I laugh, shoving her out of the doorway.

"Have fun, love birds." Lizzie says, wiggling her eyebrows up and down. I roll my eyes and walk outside.

"I got this for you." Alex says, handing me a pink daisy with yellow in the center.

"Awww. Thank you. This is so sweet." I say, smelling the beautiful flower.

"Shall we?" He asks, holding his hand out for me to grab.

We walk to his car holding hands. "You look great, by the way." He complements, causing me to blush. I am wearing a orange cropped hoodie and a pair of white jeans.

"Same to you." I giggle as we get into the car.

"So, are you going to tell me where we are going?" I ask after a few minutes of driving.

"We are going for dinner at this cute restaurant I love. It has lights dangling from the ceiling and art on the walls. I think you'll love it." He explains.

"I'm sure I will." I agree, holding his hand while the other is on the steering wheel.

Once we get there, Alex gets out of the car. While I'm grabbing my purse, Alex walks around and opens it for me.

"Wow, what a gentleman." I joke with a giggle.

"Anything for you." Alex jokes back.

We walk into the beautiful restaurant hand in hand.

This boy will be the death of me, and I'm okay with that.