Chapter 13 - The Stalker's Stalker

*Stuart's POV*

I have been anxious since I arrived the office this morning. I tried to focus on my work but to no avail, I simply cannot focus on what I am doing. Thoughts about what I happened when I invited Patricia occupied my mind. I can't understand why it bothered me. This is what I want but why does it feel so wrong?

In the hopes of diverting my attention, I decided to lean on my swivel chair and turned to watch the city from my glass window. But it didn't help. Doing so gave me a better view of Blue Plate; thus, further reminding me about how Patricia turned me down. I wondered what Kaz did to convince Patricia to go with him even if it means she is going to turn my invitation down.

For almost half an hour, I kept battling myself between focusing on work or figuring out the changes I saw in Patricia. In the end, I decided to give up and go home but that was not the thing that happened. When I drove my car from our building, I took a glimpse of Blue Plate and I was awarded with the image of Patricia. I don't know why I felt glad that I saw her but I noticed that she was waiting for someone to pick her up.

Technically, whatever she does is none of my business but I got curious about what Kaz is doing to win our bet. I decided to park my car and watched Patricia but questions flooded my thought when I saw that Patricia rode a van which is not owned by Kaz.

Since the van was tinted, I could not see who is in it. Out of curiousity, I decided to follow the van until we arrived at an elegant hotel. I wondered who she will be meeting but my curiosity escalated when I saw Patricia came out from the van - sexy, sophisticated, and pretty. This is the Patricia I knew before.

What I saw now proved that she is pretending that she changed. She knew that it would catch my attention when I will see her acting differently. She really is Patricia, that witty girl who always manage to catch my attention. She is wearing a red skimpy tube dress and a pair of black heels. Her waist-long hair hang loosely and she is now wearing make-up.

I wondered if she will be meeting Kaz tonight so I decided to follow her inside the hotel but I became inquisitive when I saw that she was met by two men, who looked like bouncers from a club. Questions once again flooded my thoughts as I followed them. What is Patricia doing with these men? Where are they heading? Who is she meeting? What is happening?

When I saw that they led Patricia to a room, I didn't stop myself from calling her, "Is this the reason why you did not my dinner invitation?"

I became more anxious when the two men immediately blocked my way. Shock was painted in Patricia's face as she looked at me but she didn't say anything. I saw how the man standing near the door of the room grabbed her elbows and dragged her towards the room. I don't know why but I felt that I must stop what is happening.

"Let me pass!" I demanded.

"I am sorry, sir," one of the bouncers spoke, "Trixie is already booked to someone tonight."

'Book? Trixie?' I could not believe what I just heard but I saw the mark in the bouncer's uniform, 'Gracieux Performing Company'. I remembered that dad gave me a VIP card from this company. I never thought I would be able to use it now but I am glad that I listened to dad's advice. It was kept in my wallet so I hurriedly brought it out and showed it to the men.

"Gold VIP card," one of the bouncers whispered to his colleague.

"I am sorry, sir," the other bouncer immediately apologized, "we didn't know you were a gold member. If you wish to make reservations for Trixie, you may speak with our manager."

"Bring me to your manager!" I angrily demanded as I watched Patricia's sad eyes looked at me before she entered the room.

"This way, sir," the bouncer showed me the way as I continued to stare at the door from where Patricia entered.