Rememberance

13 years after his friends death, Obito Uchiha stands on the balcony outside his home.

The sun had just begun it's climb into the sky and Obito reminisced all the time he'd spent with his stotic team mate. All the training, the missions, the sparing and the verbal challenges. Anything that He and his team had done together was something he remembered all the time.

Among all the happy memories he'd come to cherish, was the one he wished he could change. The day Kakashi Hatake died. Obito and their female team mate, Rin Nohara, had returned from that mission like zombies. No matter the mission they always did it and it had worried their sensei, the Fourth Hokage. After a month of missions, the Hokage order them to "take a break until you actually know and care what missions you do."

Then 5 years after the war ended, Obito and Rin where engaged and married later that spring. Two years later their son, Kayoko, was born and Rin was now four months pregnant with their second child.

"Obito?" A soft voice called. Turning around Obito saw his wife standing in the balcony door way, "Why are you up so early?"

Walking over to Rin, Obito wrapped his arms around her and whispered, "Remembering." That one word answered her question and she nodded sadly.

"I have to start breakfast. Wake Kayoko?" Rin asked headed for their bedroom door.

"Yeah I'll get him." Walking into Kayoko's room Obito picked up his 5-year-old son and started tickling him.

Jerking awake Kayoko laughed and squealed as he tried to wiggle out of his father's grasp. Once out he ran into the kitchen screaming as Obito followed closely behind.

"Ah! Mommy! Help!" Kayoko squealed running behind his mother.

Realizing what was going on, Rin grabbed an unused frying pan and held it like a sword. "Stay back. I'll protect you!"

Obito pretended to look panicked and ran to the couch. "Rin! Ah! Someone help!" Obito yelled over dramatically. Kayoko ran over to his father and tackled him in a protective hug and the three of them started laughing.

Even though today was a sad day, they found a way to laugh. Kayoko had the same personality as his father and looked like him. The only difference was that Kayoko had brown hair like his mother.

After the three of them ate breakfast they changed and left the house. When they reached the academy Kayoko ran to his class after waving good-bye. Obito and Rin walked to the cemetery and stood in front of Kakashi's grave.

Making the hand signs Obito summoned his team mate's former partner, Pakun.

"Today's the day isn't it?" Asked the small dog.

"Yeah... 13 years... I can't believe how time flies..." Rin whispered. Even though they often visited the K.I.A. stone they rarely came to Kakashi's grave it reminded them of the fact that he was forever gone.

After standing there silently Obito knelt down to the grave and gave a silent prayer. 'Kakashi... It's been 13 years since you and sensei left... Kayoko is 5 now and another is on the way... I... We wish you were here... I know I've said this many times before... But thank you...'

Rin stood next to Obito with her hand on his shoulder and cried silently for her friend. Pakun watched the couple and looked toward the sky. Thoughts of all he'd been through with his former master running through his head.

After awhile they left the cemetery and headed towards the park with Pakun. Obito had learned how to summon Pakun almost 7 years ago. He felt closer to his former friend now that he knew one of his friends jutsus.

"I can't help but wonder what it would be like if Kakashi and I had switched roles back then..." Obito pondered while pushing Rin on then swing.

"Who knows. But you know as well as I do that we couldn't have changed anything." Pakun pipped up.

"The yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift..." Rin recited her past sensei sadly, but something felt off about saying it today. Even thought she said it everyday and every year it felt different today. All of them could tell it wasn't the same this time but they couldn't figure it out.

That night something happened. Nobody knew about it until the next morning. Right at the stroke of midnight, a heart started beating once again.

_________________________

Yeah! New chapter out! The quote Rin said was from the old turtle in Kung Fu Panda. I forgot the turtles name but oh well.

THIS WILL BE MY ONLY DICLAIMER! I DON'T OWN NARUTO OR KUNG FU PANDA! I do however own parts of the plot( not including the main plot), Kayoko and any future OCs.

Bye bye :)