Chapter 7 (The Business At Hand)

Carolina's POV

"You worthless bitch!" Max swung his hand and hit me making my cheek engulfed in pain. My eyes caught the handsome man outside the room. That must be the man we are partnering with.

"I'm sorry Max." I pleaded then wiped  the tears that formed in my eye. I forgot to carry one file for him.

"Don't let it happen again." Max looked at the door and saw the man. The man came in...wait is that Jake? He looked so handsome! He really has changed over these 7 seven years.

I could see the shock and hurt expression on Jake's face when he heard that Max had proposed to me, I looked down.

"I don't mean to involve myself in your personal life, but how long have you proposed?" Jake asked raising an eyebrow.

"No it's not a problem, I've proposed to this wonderful woman one week ago" Max replied then peck my lip pretending to love me.

"Anyways, you must be wondering why we have chosen your hotel to partner with Helicom organization right?" I asked in a professional voice trying to hide the fact that I was crying.

"Tell me " Jake nodded.

"Well, we needed a tourism sector for our business." I paused a for second "We did some research and it turns out that Ocean View was the best option possible, so we arranged this meeting with you to discus this matter"

"What's gonna happen if I decline this offer?" Jake asked curiously

"Well you would be missing out on a chance to become the next  multimillionaire, just think about it" Max replied with his hopes up high then gave Jake some files. Jake took one minute to read and look at the pictures.

"OK I will, you'll have my answer in a week" Jake replied giving back the files.

"Keep it" Max gave Jake back the files "we'll be back next week" Max stood up, shook my hand and walked towards the door.

"I'll take your leave." Jake said opening the door for us. After we walked out I saw a little girl running towards Jake with a coffee, he took they walked towards Jake's office.

"Max I'm gonna use the restroom then meet you in the car" I said

"OK" Max eyed me suspiciously then went in the elevator. I ran to Jake's office, knocked on the door then I got the ok to enter. I opened the door revealing my handsome ex-husband.

A/N: hey guys this another chapter. Please vote and comment please.