Butterflies

She touched her cheek again in wonder. It was night but she remembered the incident like it had happened only a second ago. What was wrong with her? She ought to be angry and should have told him off right then and there! But she couldn't help the butterflies that erupted every time she remembered the feeling of his stubble on her cheek. The way he had lingered close to her. They way he had looked her in the eyes searching for permission that he had somehow gotten. She placed a hand on her fluttering heart. These days she spent entirely too much time thinking about him in ways that made her blush to the roots of her hair. 

She threw her pillow away in anger. Just then, Payal entered the room and shaking her head at her sister, picked up the pillow and placed it back on the bed.

"What's wrong Khushi? Did you have another one of your run-ins with Arnavji?"

"What? Why do you think I'm thinking about Arnavji?! I don't think about him!" she said getting off the bed. She groaned as she hit her knee against the bed post and looked at Payal as though it was her fault. She stalked out of the room all the while muttering.

"I think Buaji is probably right. This girl needs to be tested", said Payal laughing as she proceeded to lie down, thinking about the AR after-launch party that she was supposed to attend with Akash. 

*

Khushi stared at her feet. Moonlight bathed the entire street and it was silent and peaceful. Sometimes, the house got very stifling and she liked to come out here in the dead of the night and sit on the charpai. If only there were any of those jalaibees remaining from last night. She found that she needed a lot of chocolate and sweets these days and that thought disturbed her. Why did he affect her in this way? He was so frustratingly attractive that she didn't know whether she wanted to hit him or kiss him. But it wasn't only that he was handsome. Salman Khan was handsome too. But Salman's smiles didn't make funny things happen to her stomach.

It was of no use. Even the cool night breeze wasn't going to calm her rocketing insides and Khushi knew a lost cause when she saw one. Sighing, she got off the charpai and went inside the house.