| Chapter 4 |

After a while, grandpa and K-san took me upstairs and brought me into my bedroom

After a while, grandpa and K-san took me upstairs and brought me into my bedroom. The windows were covered with newspapers and lots of ancient runes had been drawn on them. There were small bowls of salt in all four corners of the room and also a small Buddha figure place in the center of the room on a small wooden box. There was also a bright blue bucket.

"Whats the bucket for?" I asked.

"That's for your pee and poo." Grandpa replied.

K-san sat me down on the bed and said,"Soon the sun will be setting, so listen to me carefully. You must stay in this room until tomorrow morning. You must not come out under any circumstances until 7 o'clock in the morning. Your grandfather and grandmother will not speak to you or call you until then. Remember, do not leave the room for any reason until then. I will let your grandparents know whats going on."

She spoke in such a grave tone that all i could do was quietly nod my head after she'd finished talking.

"You have to follow K-san's instructions to the letter," Grandpa told me. "And never let go of the parchment she gave you. If anything happens, pray to Buddha. And make sure to lock the door when we leave."

They walked out into the hallway and after saying goodbye to them i closed the bedroom door and locked it. i turned on the TV and tried to watch but i was so nervous, i felt sick to my stomach. Grandpa had left me some snacks and rice balls, but i couldn't eat them. I felt like i was in prison and i was very depressed and scared. I lay down on the bed and waited. Before i knew it, I was asleep.

When i woke up, it was just after 1 AM. All of the sudden, i realized something was tapping on the window." 

"Tap,Tap,Tap,Tap,Tap..."

I felt the blood draining from my face and my heart skipped a beat. I desperately tried to calm myself down, telling my self it was probably just the wind playing tricks on me or just some branches of a stupid tree. I turned up the volume on the TV to drown out the tapping noise. Eventually, it stopped altogether.

That was when i heard grandpa calling me.

"Are you OK in there?" he asked."If you're scared you don't have to be all alone. I could come i and keep you company."

I smiled and rushed over to open the door, but then, I stopped dead in my tracks. I had goosebumps all over my body. It sounded like grandpa's voice, but something was wrong. I couldn't say what but something felt terribly wrong...

"What are you doing?" Grandpa asked."You can open the door now."

I glanced to my left and a chill ran down my spine. The salt in all four bowls was slowly turning black.

I slowly backed away from the door. My whole body trembled with fear. I fell to my knees infront of the Buddha statue and clutched the parchment tightly in my hand. I started desperately praying for help.

"Please save me from Hachishakusama," I wailed.

Then i heard the voice outside the door saying:

"Po...Po...Po...Po...Po...Po...Po..."