Chapter # 41

Unedited.

Fiza's POV:

"What's the time of Nuwair flight?" Sheheryar asked me keeping his focus on the road ahead. We had dinner at Chachu's house tonight and now we are heading back home.

"Tomorrow morning."

"You should've told me before that he will not stay until Walima, we didn't even invite him to dinner."

What gives me the surety that you wouldn't mind me telling...

"Sorry." I answered.

"No need to apologize for this." He said and pick up his cell phone from the dashboard which is continuously buzzing.

"Hello Mom, how are you?" He carefully stopped the car aside.

I couldn't help but notice that he didn't Salam her and the change of his tone. I know that his mother isn't favouring our marriage but he shouldn't talk to her like that.

"Of course Mom, you know me better. I don't give up on things once I made my mind." A small smirk formed on his face, like he was mocking his mother.

"You never were a part of life, therefore, you shouldn't be bothered about it anyway. Besides, it's not like I will come complaining to you if anything happened to me." He keeps tapping his finger on the staring while listening to her.

"Sorry to interrupt Mom, but right now I am on my way to home with my family. I will talk to you after reaching home, okay? Bye, Mom." He said and hung up without listening to her answer.

"What's with this surprised look on your face Fiza?" He asked starting the car.

"Huh?... oh, nothing." I quickly avert my eyes.

"Don't judge because of what you just saw."

"I am not judging you." I deny abruptly. He didn't say anything after that, just gave me a smile.

For some reason, I felt like his mood suddenly switches because of the call. His eyes were on road but the frown on his forehead tell that he was in deep thought. I thought to talk to him but refrain. The ride till home was silent and as ever both Taha and Sadaf fall asleep before reaching.

"I wish I can be carefree like them." Sheheryar said looking at the kids in the back seat.

"Childhood is the best time of a person's life."

"You believe that?" He suddenly turns towards me.

"Yes," I nodded, " I had such memories when I fell asleep in the car or sometimes on Dadi's (father's mother) lap."

"I am glad that they were with you." With a sad smile, he steps outside the car.

What's with the look on his face???

~*~

It's been only three days and I get used to this house. There are no restrictions for me like before and Sheheryar and the kids' continuous encouragement erased the remaining hesitation, now I am exploring the house with the authority to make changes. Never thought that coming into this home will change my life so much that I will start to question myself whether I am dreaming or woke up from a nightmare. But if it is really a dream, I don't want to wake up. I want to stay here and live the life that I longed for.

Being my stubborn self it is hard to accept that I am unable to resist the natural pull towards him. His smiles, his gaze, his touch, his care, the carefree style of talking to me like we have been this close for years. I like them all. He gave me respect from the first day which made me respect him a bit more than before. Perhaps, this was one of the major reasons I become more attracted to him. Because respect, affection and love are linked in the same category. Every relation is incomplete without respect, especially for people like me who don't have much in life except respect.