Chapter 13: Tyler Harrison

Ashley's POV

"Shut up Kelly nothing like that happened okay" I said rolling my eyes at her.

"Oh don't act so innocent spill the beans I'm sure something might have happened" she eyed me suspiciously.

"I'm serious Kelly nothing happened" I replied.

"Don't tell me you both didn't even kiss" she said raising her eyebrows.

"No we didn't, why is it so surprising to you" I replied.

"Not even once" she asked again.

"Nope" I replied stressing on the p as she just shook her head at me.

"What now, what did you expect to happen, first of all it wasn't even a real honeymoon and second of all Kevin is my childhood friend I just can't look at him in that way" I replied with a shrug.

"I just meant to say that he is your husband now not just your friend and you should have him under your spell before some other woman steals him from you I mean it's just my opinion" she said and her words left me thinking as a face appeared in my head.

Melina's.

Maybe Kelly is right.

My chain of thoughts was broken by the ring of my phone as I saw Kevin's name flashing on the screen but I decided to ignore it because I'm not in the mood to talk right now and soon it stopped ringing.

But my phone went off again showing a new message from him.

"What is it" Kelly asked.

Ash there's a party tonight and I want you to come with me so be ready by seven.

I read it out loud.

"I'm not going" I said placing my phone aside without replying.

"Why, you are going and that's it look Ash he's trying so you should too come on now text him" she replied handing me my phone back.

I sighed before texting him.

Okay.

"Happy now" I said glaring at her.

"Yes very now we need to pick a nice dress for you, you need to look gorgeous tonight" she replied.

Okay so here we go with the 'look gorgeous tonight' mission.

****

Kevin's POV

"Well my secretary will let you know if your company gets the deal" I said professionally before simply walking out.

This was the stupid meeting for which we had to leave early from our honeymoon and it didn't even go well because the presentation the other company gave was not up to my expectations.

I dialed Ash's number as soon as I got back to my cabin from the meeting room.

Mr. David is throwing a party tonight, it's his wedding anniversary. These parties really bore me to death but I have to go because he is my dad's old friend and also because we have good business relations with him but my dad is out of town so I have to go on his behalf.

I need someone to go with me so that's why I'm calling her but she is just not answering my call.

Great.

I should just leave her a message, thinking so I typed down.

Ash there's a party tonight and I want you to come with me so be ready by seven.