Chapter 42: Confrontation

Ashley's POV

When someone meets their loved ones after a long time they feel happy...they enjoy their time with them...right? But that's not the same case with me.

It's been about an hour since we landed in LA and there's not been a second where I have not felt nervous...nervous about meeting my family again and also I'm worried about my dad although Kevin said that he is doing fine now but yet I won't get any peace of mind until and unless I see my dad.

And I know I'll be seeing him soon now as we are heading towards the hospital right now but there was also this little part of my heart that was constantly telling me that I shouldn't have come back.

I know I may sound a little selfish but this place holds a lot of memories for me...some good ones and some which led me out of this city. This place holds the dreams...the happy future that I desired for Kevin and myself along with our baby.

This place holds my love for Kevin. This is the very place where we laughed together...where we cried together...where we grew up together.

And coming back here again is only reminding me that how all my dreams are shattered...how Kevin and I will never be the same again...how the most important thing to me is now ruined and that's our friendship.

The moment we reached here it felt like all the memories...all the important moments, all the highlights of my life since my childhood till now hit me like a huge cold wave of water...drowning me...suffocating me and that was the moment I knew that it's not going to be as easy as I thought it would.

If it was in my hands I would have never looked back again but I guess it's my destiny that has brought me back here. There's always something that brings me back to the people I love.

"Don't stress yourself everything will be fine" I snapped back to reality hearing Kevin's voice as he placed his hand on mine indicating that he's here for me no matter what.

I just nodded my head at him with a fake smile and glanced out of the window only to realize that we have already reached the hospital.

I took a deep breath as if gathering all the courage that I had in myself before stepping out as Kevin opened the door for me and helped me out like the gentleman he is.

"Are you ready for this? I mean are you sure you want to do this...we can still go back, I haven't told them yet...that you'll be coming with me" He said looking into my eyes for any signs of uncertainty.

"I'm sure" I replied nodding.

"Well than let's just hope your dad doesn't get one more heart attack seeing you again" He said with a serious face.

"Kevin..." I replied as if scolding him as he broke into chuckles.

"Just kidding. Come on let's go" He said as we both made our way inside and soon Kevin asked the receptionist in which ward my dad was and as we walked towards his ward I felt my heart beating at a fast rate against my chest as if it would come out any minute.

As we neared the ward from a little far away I could see my mom sitting in the corridor outside the room in which my father was. She looked so tensed and tired as if she has not eaten and slept well in a while and that sight made me feel even more guilty for not being here with my mom and dad in such a tough situation.

I stopped in my tracks.

"What happened? Are you alright" He asked as I just shook my head at him.

"You go ahead. I need a moment" I replied gulping.

"But..." He said but was interrupted by a familiar voice.