Pup

Neira spent the day with Sada touring Judd's pack lands. She'd found her stomping the path back to the visitor's cabin and graciously asked if Neira wanted to join her on a run. She almost said no. Neira was glad she didn't. The run felt good on her limbs with all that tension she gathered in her body talking to that prick. Aja tried to join them at one point. Sada sent him away with a snap of her teeth on his fury ass.

Judd's lands were large. They ran all day and she had yet to see it all. Neira had to admit it was a nice piece of home he'd selected. The forest was dense, the collection of underbrush hosting all kinds of diverse wildlife. They crossed a river at one point, slow-moving and tinted green from the canopy above. Pretty as it was, the woods here were strange. The shadows seemed thicker even in the bright midday sun of late summer. It gave her the feeling of eyes on her flank. As if something someone was always tailing them. When she looked back she never saw anything.

Sada and Neira returned just before nightfall, hungry and tired. Sada was a happy wolf most of the day, kind even. But Sada hungry? Neira didn't think she cared for her hungry. To be fair, Neira was also a bear when she was hungry so she couldn't blame Sada for her shitty attitude.

Sada had slipped into one of Aja's t-shirts, wearing it like it was a dress. Neira had put on the same shorts and t-shirt from before and braided her hair out of her face. Once back on the deck of the main cabin, Sada wasted no time crawling her grouchy self into Aja's lap. He had been prepared for this. A massive steak was sitting on a plate to his right. Slowly Aja moved a piece to her waiting mouth. She took it gladly, juices running off her chin and down her throat. Aja simply fed her more, licking at the juice that had trailed down her thin neck.

Neira looked at the floor.

Blondy held an empty plate out to her, nodding his head at the BBQ on the edge of the deck.

Of course, no one would directly offer her food. Offering food to her would insinuate that the male was either interested in her or already with her. She could feel Judd watching her from over the top of his beer. She wanted to growl at him but decided a loaded streak was better than any hare she would catch tonight.

She took her food from the grill and settled in the corner by the stairs, away from the other wolves and their prying eyes. They were all quiet for a long moment, awkward tension stretching over the group.

"Hey shewolf," Blondie asked, tossing her a beer. "You got a name?"

She caught the can and cracked the tab. "Neira," she said, eyes landing on Sada for a moment. She was much less aggressive now, limply lying asleep in her male's lap like a napping cat.

"Neira," Blondie said as if he were tasting it in his mouth for the first time. "It has a nice ring to it."

"Yeah," other Blondie said, "Neira."

Judd rolled his eyes. "Neira that's Lincon and Landon, brothers from the west. And that," he paused pointing at the tall one that had shifted her first night "is Jaro."

They were all fine males, built and strong. Judd ran a nice pack.

She gave them all a flat-lipped smile as she tore off another bite of steak. She had it nearly gone now but she would need a second to calm her still growling stomach.

Neira finished her beer and stood to grab another steak from the grill. She looked around, there was only one left.

She ducked her head to Judd and moved back to her position. The last bite was the alpha male's now that the starving Sada had been fed. Normally, females were fed both first and last. They were, after all, the ones with the largest appetites. She was only a guest though, so the last was his.