Chapter 32: Time Passes

November. It was officially November and I’d met Hayden five months ago. We’d both come a long way. I shed my ‘goodie two-shoes’ title and Hayden had shed his ‘bad boy’ exterior. He’d never really been a bad boy, now that I thought about it. He was just a player. Things had been going well for us. We’d been dating for three months on and off. Hayden spent Christmas with my dad, Cindy, and I. He was the only thing keeping me sane around her. New Year’s we spent setting off fireworks on the beach with the rest of the crew. For Valentine’s Day, Hayden took me out to dinner. For March and April, if I wasn’t at work, or at rehearsals, we stayed inside because of all the rain. In June, Hayden took me out to dinner for my birthday. I dressed up in my favorite strapless high-low and matching wedges. Afterwards, Hayden took me to the warehouse. I jumped back into Hayden as people jumped out at us and yelled ‘Surprise’. Hayden’s arms went around me as he chuckled.

“Happy birthday, Jo,” he said softly before he kissed the side of my head. I turned to him and smiled.

“Hayden, did you do all this?” I asked. He shook his head.

“We all wanted to do something special for you,” he said. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him gently.

“Have I told you how much I love you?” I smiled. He swiped his thumb under my eye and chuckled. I didn’t even realize I was crying.

“It wouldn’t hurt to hear it again,” he joked.

“I love you, Hayden,” I said anyway.

“I love you too,” he said softly.

“Happy birthday, Jo!” I heard from behind me. Hayden kissed me gently before I turned and hugged Quinn. I moved through the warehouse thanking everyone for coming. I didn’t even know where all these people came from. I smiled and hugged Jason when I saw him.

“Hey Jo,” he smiled. I giggled. I might’ve had a few shots.

“Jason! Thanks for coming,” I said. He nodded. It was an amazing party. There was dancing and drinks and cake ad food and presents. I didn’t think that it would ever end. Hayden and I left the party early and went back to the apartment where he gave me my birthday present.

I ended up sleeping in due to a hangover amongst other things. I woke up to soft kisses trailing down my neck. I muttered an acknowledgement as a lazy smile appeared on my face. “Jo,” Hayden said softly. My eyes fluttered open to find Hayden standing over me, holding a tray.

“Is this breakfast in bed?” I asked before I yawned. I sat up and Hayden set the tray down in front of me. It looked delicious; chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, bacon, orange juice and a rose.

“It’s your birthday breakfast,” he said, kissing the side of my head. I smiled and picked up the fork. I was getting really excited because Hayden’s cooking was amazing.

“Thank you, baby,” I said before I took a bite. I sighed and closed my eyes briefly. The chocolate melted in my mouth, mixing with the sweet syrup and the fluffy pancake. I could tell he made it from scratch. It reminded me of the crispy fluffy pancakes from Cracker Barrel. They were perfection. The eggs were well seasoned all the way through with cheese. The bacon was crispy and just perfect. This was the best breakfast ever. I thanked him thoroughly after I finished eating. 

Sorry, this chapter is a little short only because the next chapter is going to be...

Wait for iiiitttt.... (Psych Reference)

EPIC!!!