Chapter 19

Ariana made her way out of the elevator and towards Bridget's desk.
"What's wrong?"

"Something's wrong with him."

"What happened now?" Ariana frowned.

"He's been yelling at everyone who goes in there to see him or who calls him. He fired everyone who stepped out of his office but thankfully I was there to reassure them that it was just a phase and they still have a job."

Ariana stared at Bridget wondering if she was kidding or if she was serious.
"I've been gone for less than thirty minutes."

"Well after you left with - you know who. His good mood left with you."

Ariana sighed,
"I'll check on him."

Such a child.
Ariana thought as she headed towards his office.

"May the gods be with you." Bridget said jokingly.

Ariana pushed the door open and shut it behind her just to find Jace buried in a pile of work on his desk.

"I didn't ask to see anyone. Leave."

Ariana rolled her eyes and walked closer to his desk.

"I said get out!" He looked up at her angrily but his gaze quickly softened when he saw her.

"Are you okay?" Ariana asked softly.

He looked away, sighing and leaned back into his chair, clasping his hand in front of him.
"I'm fine," He rubbed his shoulder, "Just...tensed."

"I give a mean massage." Ariana said to lighten up his mood, "In case you need one."

Adam looked at her and smiled.
"I just might take you up on that."

Ariana glanced from him to the sofa and back at him with a smile. Jace's brows creased, surprised that she was really offering to give him a massage.

"You're serious."

"You look like you could use one."

Jace got him and took off his jacket before he made his way to one of the sofas and sat down. Ariana followed him, going behind the sofa, while he got comfortable on the sofa. Ariana placed her palm on the spot between his neck and his shoulder.

Jace let out a soft breath and Ariana began massaging him which made Jace clench his jaw as he tried to get his lower half to stop reacting to her touch. Jace's head was thrown back on the sofa's headrest, so she had a good view of his face as she massaged him.

"You're really good at this." Jace said with his eyes closed,

Ariana smiled.
"I used to do this for my dad. Whenever he came home, he'd tell me to place my tiny little hands on the lower part of his neck and gently use my fingers to rub them."

Jace's eyes slowly opened to look at her.
"Sounds like a lifetime ago."

"Feels like a lifetime ago."

Ariana shifted her gaze to the place she massaged but she felt his gaze on my face.
"Feeling better?" Ariana asked after a while.

Jace still had his eyes on her,
"A lot," He smiled, "I could get use to that."

"Probably not a good idea." Ariana smiled and sat down on the sofa's headrest while Jace turned to face her, his arm across.

"This is the second time you've talked about your dad."

Ariana blinked a couple of times,
"Sorry," Arian looked away, "It slipped."

"You can talk to me about anything, you know that, right?"