[-Waiting and Drooling-]

A/N: Don't ask about the title. I don't know either. And the grammar (the tense) might be weird cuz I'm too lazy to even care. I have a headache and the exams are coming. My mood isn't so good, but please enjoy!

Firey's POV:

I put down my food tray on the table and sit down.

That's odd. My lunch table is empty, no one is here. Usually, Coiny and Leafy would already be here, waiting for the rest of us with the pencil on the table, already spun several times.

But today, neither Coiny, Leafy, Pin or Gelatin are here. Well, it's normal for Pin and Gelatin to not be here yet. Their class was Chemistry and their teacher, Ms. Jenkins, always let the class go about three minutes after the bell rings. Coiny and Leafy have P.E., and their P.E. teacher, Mr. Rubin, lets the class go about five minutes before the bell rings (much to some student's dismay, you would totally want to get Mr. Rubin for P.E., despite him releasing the class so early).

I start eating, waiting for them to get here sometime. More or less three minutes later, Pin and Gelatin arrive with their food trays.

"Hey, Flameboy!" Gelatin says, high-fiving me.

"Where are Coiny and Leafy?" Pin asks, confused. 

I'm as confused as her, so I shrug in response.

Gelatin takes out a pencil. "Well, let's play without them." he says, ready to spin.

I put my hand over his to stop him from spinning the pencil. "I want to wait for them." I say.

"Why?" he asks, "They always play even before we get here."

I pull my hand away. "True," I reply, "But I want to keep on waiting. They should be here any time."

Gelatin shrugs and spoons a spoonful of salad into his mouth.

We wait. The lunch period is only an hour. They better get here soon or else they won't even have time to take a drink of water.

Actually, I'm okay if Coiny isn't here. He's only here because Pin and Leafy wants him here. I can't say we're exactly friends, more like frienemies. But he's friends with Pin and Leafy, so apparently he gets a pass to our lunch table which everyone in school calls "The Truth or Dare table". It's because we play truth or dare here during lunch. Sometimes an occasional Ice Cube or Bubble or Needle or somebody comes and join us, but us five are "permanent residents" at this table.

They can't be absent today, because I sat right next to Leafy on the bus, and to Coiny in the homeroom.

Fifteen minutes later, they finally decide show up, panting and sweating like they just ran a marathon.

"What took you guys so long?" Pin demands as the two of them sit down, Coiny next Pin, and Leafy next to me.

"Well," Leafy begins, "we had a substitute teacher for P.E. today, and we had free time because the sub, Miss Elliot, didn't know what to teach us."

Coiny nods and keeps on explaining. "The girls went outside in the playground and did some random girl stuff-"

Leafy clears her throat. "We were playing basketball," she says, a bit angrily.

"Anyways," Coiny continues, "Us boys played dodgeball indoors, and some of us messed up and didn't follow the rules-"

"Are you sure that isn't you?" I tease him, smirking.

Coiny snorts. "Of course not!"

I narrow my eyes at him. "Oh really?"

He rolls his eyes. "When the bell rang, Miss Elliot let the girls go, and kept us boys in the gym and scolded us."