[-Trust-]

Leafy's POV

My school is eight stories tall: the ground floor, the first, second, third, four, fifth, sixth and seventh floor. The first floor used to be a huge level for random storage, and recently two of the storage rooms had been changed into small classrooms. It's for kids who have "academic problems". They're usually quite "behind" on some subjects.

Examples are Taco, Spongy, who go to there for Language Arts and Math, and Pin, who goes there only for Math.

I take the bus to school. If you take the bus you'll have to walk all the way from the ground floor to your home room floor, and mine is the fifth floor... ;-;

***

I joke to myself that if I were a lesbian, I would love Book.

And that would make me feel very strange.

Sometimes when I wonder if I really love Firey, I would kid that I like Book instead. Well, she's nice and smart, so that's good for liking. The teachers always drag her to science-related events or competitions— sometimes along with Tennis Ball, Jason (here comes the human names 😒) and Blocky— because she's really good at science. Even better than Gelatin, who is actually better at sports than chemistry. Book is actually good at sports as well, hmm, just basketball, I guess. She's in the basketball team, Needle's in it, too.

But really, I still come to the conclusion that my heart belongs entirely to Firey, and only platonically to Book.

And perhaps a little to myself. I'm quite narcissistic... 

Just kidding.

***

"FIGHT THAT DINOSAUR THING!!"

What an educational play teachers, real nice.

Here we are, sitting on the floor, watching some kind of play put up by adults about fighting your deepest fears. Oh yes, my biggest fear is watching immature plays with my crush right in front of me and my mind thinking whether or this is the right time to tell him that I have a crush on him.

With most of our schoolmates basically chatting instead of paying attention to the play, I've decided that this is a great chance to tell him.

Great problem: someone is RIGHT NEXT TO ME AND THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM. 

Her name is Carly. She is actually paying attention to the play and she is sitting dangerously close to me. I shrug.

She is kind of trustworthy. She can keep a secret.

Hopefully.

I tap Firey on the back and he turns around. "What?"

"Do you want to know who my crush is?" I ask. 

A few times before I've practiced what to say. This sounds more natural and unsuspicious.

He nods enthusiastically. Anyone would be eager to know who my crush is. After all, nobody really knows, not even my best girl friends.

Of course, I won't just tell him that it's him. It's too straightforward. So instead, I tell him to guess.

"Hmmmm," he ponders for a while. Coiny is sitting next to him, and Firey points at him. "Coiny?"

I sigh. "Not even close man."

"Blocky?"

I shake my head, my hair whipping around and slapping my face. Carly gets interested and leans over to listen.

I glare at her for a second. "Can you keep a secret?" I ask.

She shrugs. "Of course."

"Keep guessing," I tell Firey.

The bloke thinks for a while before answering me with stupid answers like "is it Jason?" and "oh, I bet it's Gelatin."

Finally, he gets it.

"I've guessed about everyone you know. It isn't Book, isn't it?"

I shake my head, but actually I was suppressing a laugh.

"Wait. I couldn't possibly be... me, can it?"

Carly gets very interested at this point.

I think my cheeks are red. I don't want Carly to know, so I whisper "yes" in Firey's ear.

"Me?"

I groan.

Then, he whips his head around to carly. "KEEP THIS A SECRET OR ELSE. >:("

She shrugs again. "I can do that," she says calmly.

How the hecking heck can she be this calm-

Anyway.