29

Author's Note: The story reached 1k and I am so thankful to all you readers. Thank you so much please keep up the love the story is far from over so don't go anywhere the updates are acoming and I am more motivated than ever to write with all of your support and love.

Amal

————————————-

Nicholas and Theora spent the next couple of days traveling around the islands. They spent two days in La Palma for New Year's Eve before coming back to the villa in Tenerife and had just two days left before they had to head back home.

Not much had changed in the relationship since the night of Theora's birthday they hadn't even kissed again after that. It was mainly because Theora was hesitant about getting more intimate and Nicholas didn't want to push her into something she wasn't ready for.

Today was a laid back day, Nicholas and Theora had slept in planning to go to a bar later on in the evening. After breakfast, Theora was lounging by the pool when her phone started buzzing.

"Hello" She said without looking who was calling

"Theora it's Mama, Carmen went into labour"

"What!" Theora screamed sitting up in surprise "but she had more than a week left"

"These things don't go as planned Theora. I just thought I'd tell you but I do think you should stay and enjoy your honeymoon. Carmen has more than enough people around to support her"

"Mama she's my sister and this is her first child it's not up for debate"

"Fine honey as you wish" her mama said. Theora hung up soon after she asked about Carmen's well being then ran inside to Nicholas who was lounging in the living room playing counterstrike on his laptop.

"We have to leave now!" She announced bursting into the living room

"Carmen went into labour?"

"Yes now get up and call the pilot!" Theora yelled running upstairs to grab their bags lucky she had packed most of their stuff yesterday and what was left she just threw inside.

"I talked to the pilot he'll at the airport in half an hour" Nicholas said coming upstairs and placing his phone back into his pocket. "Are the bags ready?"

"Yes now let's go! I don't want to miss this Nicholas"

Nicholas didn't need to be told twice as both headed to the airport. Nicholas tried to entertain Theora on the long flight back home by trying to make her laugh or start a conversation but Theora was too worried about Carmen to pay attention to him. The whole flight she bit her nails and twitched nervously feeling helpless and trapped on the plane. Once the plane landed safely Theora didn't even wait for it to come to a complete stop before getting up and running to the door. A car was waiting for them by the landing strip and the driver took them straight to the hospital. As soon as they reached the hospital, Theora ran towards the maternity ward with Nicholas closely following behind her. She spotted her parents and Carmen's in laws outside the labour room and ran towards them.

"How is she doing?" She asked exasperated

"Oh Theora, Nicholas honey you're here" her mama hugged her "she's doing fine. We'll know in a little while"

They all sat in by the labour room for about twenty minutes before Christos appeared bundled in blue scrubs.

"It's a girl!" He shouted in excitement removing his mask "and both Carmen and the baby are doing fine they'll bring her out in just a minute. Mama she's just the most beautiful thing you've ever seen" he gushed to his mother who was already crying.