Chapter 18

I don't know if this is a short or long chapter, but what I do know is that the next chapter will be short.. But the chapter after that will be longer (as far as I know).

Here ya go!

----------------------------------------------

I walked around exploring the first floor with a cup of tea in my hands. I'm not much of a coffee person, so tea it is!

Colt had lots of book shelfs with a bunch of different and old books from long ago, pretty cool actually.

I myself am a bookworm, I absolutely love reading.

Before I even knew vampires existed that was the genre that caught my eye the most.

I love everything supernatural, more in books than reality though.

Reading about vampires was one thing, but knowing all of them existed was another.

I can't remember last time I read a book, at The Pet Shop we weren't allowed to have anything.

It was a miracle they let us have a toothbrush. Yeah, it was that bad.

Every now and then I heard a loud thump from above me, every time making me want to throw up.

I seriously don't wanna think about what they're doing!

From one of the windows that were facing his garden I had a clear view over the little pond and ducklings.

I snuck out to feed them yesterday, technically I didn't sneak out since I have no rules, but Colt didn't notice.

The cup of tea was big, so holding it with both hands were better than holding it with one.

My hands observed the heath from the tea through the cup and gave me a nice feeling. As my nose took in the delicate smell I closed my eyes for a few seconds.

I sipped on the tea while watching the tiny ducklings happily swim around in their pond.

Their mother still haven't come back yet, so I fear the worse. As Nick said, I'm their new mommy.

I wonder how Nick's doing?

In the blink of an eye I'm standing face to face with Lisanna. She looked untouched, except her makeup which was mixed with tears down her cheeks.

"You!" "Me?" I asked dumbly.

Without warning I'm slapped across my face. Her palm collided with my cheek hard enough to make my head flinch to the left.

It stung like crazy and I brought my hand up to cup my cheek.

"You're the reason Colt doesn't want me anymore! You just barged into his house and claimed him as yours, but news flash; he's mine and always will be!" she almost yelled at me.

Okey. I'm pretty sure they were over months ago and that I didn't barge into his house, and I wasn't the one claiming anyone.

Cause he claimed me, not the other way around.

Anyways, I didn't have feelings for Colt. I've only known him for four days!

"Lisanna."

I looked over her shoulder and noticed Colt stand with her jacket in his hand. "I think you should leave," he said and held up her jacket.

Her mouth hung slightly open and her eyes were just two pits of burning fury.

"Are you kicking me out?"

He simply nodded as an answer.

She turned her attention back to me, inhaled through her nose and exhaled through her mouth; "This isn't over."