Chapter 26

Ok, my readers, this is it, the moment you hetero shippers have been waiting for, straight sex scenes ahead. If it makes you feel uncomfortable jump from ***** to *****

Axels Pov

The sun is shining down on me from overhead, I can hear birds singing and the wind moving through the trees, and I can feel my girl lying in my arms. I tighten my grip and feel the tingles traveling up and down my body and with a content sigh I feel myself drift off to sleep.

Suddenly there's a change in the air, I can feel danger closing in on us and soon after I hear paws moving through the trees at an amazing speed. I feel cold all over, and as I look down Leila is gone. Moving my attention to the treeline I see her, a huge wolf has her in her jaws, shes in human form, tears streaming down her face, and screaming my name. The look in her eyes are that of pure terror as the wolf suddenly bites down over her neck, I hear the sickening sound of crunching bones as the light dims from of her eyes and she goes limp.

"Leila!" I jerk up in a sitting position, the sheets on the bed are soaked in sweat and my heart is threatening to pound out of my chest. I wildly take in the strange room I'm in, and slowly it dawns on me that I'm still in the motel room, my empty motel room. The spot beside me in bed is cold and I can't detect Leila's presence, I spring from the bed and rush into the bathroom hoping she's in there, but as I already knew there's no sign of her. She left me again! Did she fool me? Was she still in heat? Her scent told me it was over last night, but could she have used some sort of trick? It feels like my heart is being ripped from my chest, I've lost her again. I can feel Arlo's pain, he's pissed at me, and himself, for falling asleep like that, for letting down our guard.

The sound of the door unlocking brings me back to the present, the door opens, and there she is. She's holding a paper bag that smells delicious of baked goods and a tray with coffee cups. "Oh, you're up? I thought you might sleep a little longer, you seemed absolutely exhausted, I tried to wake you up but there was no contact to be made. I bought breakfast." I must look a little strange as she suddenly stops and takes me in, "Are you okay? You look a little frazzled."

Without hesitation I move towards her and take her into my arms, burying my nose in her hair, taking in her scent and revel in the tingles that follow the contact. With her hands occupied she can't hug me back, but I feel her move her arms in a half hug and she leans her head on my chest, sinking into me. "I'm sorry, I'm okay. I just had a bad dream, and when I woke up to find you gone I freaked out a little, I thought you left me again." Damn my voice sounds all choked up, way to be manly Axel.

I can feel her smile into my chest and her voice is light, "I left you a note on the nightstand, see?" She motions to the side of the bed and sure enough, there's a note right there, I should have seen it but I was to busy freaking out.

"I guess the last couple of weeks have made me a little weary about letting you out of my sight, I'll try not to freak out as easily but it's hard on both me and Arlo to not have you close." I manage to pry myself off her, but I feel cold and empty without her in my arms.